My first post and a room safe question

Bean na mara

I have enjoyed reading these boards for a long time! I have gotten great tips and information, read tons of reviews, laughed alot and cried some, shook my head at some things and cheered you on when some posters took on a cause! I raise a glass of wine in their honour... Now after 6 years and with the help of my computer savvy BFF (Jamnut) I have become a member of Cruise Critic! I have to say the hardest part was finding a user name:D

My DH and I have been on 6 cruises, the last five being on HAL and he has said "enough for now" So to that end Jamnut and I are putting our 25 year friendship to the test and are becoming roomies on a 7 day Inside Passage Alaskan cruise May 23-30 2014 on the Zaandam.

My question is for any one who has sailed on her recently. Is there any chance that the older safes that open with a card have been replaced with electronic ones with a code when she was in dry dock in Oct 2013? Not a big deal but I am used to the electronic ones. I don't do well with technical stuff:rolleyes:

Thanks for all you have given me so far and look forward to more interactive sharing in the future. Spazzsmom

I have enjoyed reading these boards for a long time! I have gotten great tips and information, read tons of reviews, laughed alot and cried some, shook my head at some things and cheered you on when some posters took on a cause! I raise a glass of wine in their honour... Now after 6 years and with the help of my computer savvy BFF (Jamnut) I have become a member of Cruise Critic! I have to say the hardest part was finding a user name:D

My DH and I have been on 6 cruises, the last five being on HAL and he has said "enough for now" So to that end Jamnut and I are putting our 25 year friendship to the test and are becoming roomies on a 7 day Inside Passage Alaskan cruise May 23-30 2014 on the Zaandam.

My question is for any one who has sailed on her recently. Is there any chance that the older safes that open with a card have been replaced with electronic ones with a code when she was in dry dock in Oct 2013? Not a big deal but I am used to the electronic ones. I don't do well with technical stuff:rolleyes:

Thanks for all you have given me so far and look forward to more interactive sharing in the future. Spazzsmom

Welcome to cruise critic!! I also can't answer the safe question never having been on the Zaandam but we always take an expired Tim Horton's card with us in case we run into a safe anywhere that takes a magnetic strip. Any card will work.

Enjoy your cruise and please let us know if your friendship survives. Travel is always a friendship refining issue!!

Edited by superoma
grammar

What a great idea about using a coffee card with a strip on it if that is the type of operating system on the safe. I usually clear out my wallet with anything that is not needed. I will be taking an extra card with me on upcoming cruise just in case.

On a side note we have had both types of safes and have had to call for help more than once. They were very prompt in coming....and doing a reset. That usually solved the problem.

Have a wonderful cruise with your friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD