Explore on your own

elbowroom

Royal Princess out of Copenhagen, August 8.

As the traditional brochure seems to have passed on to a better life, I wonder if anyone can tell me whether Princess provide/charge transport to ports of call on this trip (St Petersburg is obviously a different case). We're more of "explore on your own type."

Royal Princess out of Copenhagen, August 8.

As the traditional brochure seems to have passed on to a better life, I wonder if anyone can tell me whether Princess provide/charge transport to ports of call on this trip (St Petersburg is obviously a different case). We're more of "explore on your own type."

In general, yes although I am not sure about each of the ports on this cruise.

Although the traditional mailed brochure has passed on to a better life, you can have a customized Adobe Acobat document prepared and then downloaded online. You can do this using the shore excursions part of the personalizer. Pop-ups need to be allowed on your computer when you do this as the Adobe document shows up in a pop-up.

For excellent information on what and how to do on your own on this itinerary, order online the DVD by John Lawrence who had been the port lecturer on this itinerary for years. It is excellent. (Not sure if it has infomation yet on getting from the dock away from the city the Royal will be at for Stockholm.) See http://johnlawrencecd.com/ to order and watch it before the cruise.

In 2013 on the Emerald:

Oslo - no shuttle as town is walkable and there is very good public transit as well as HoHo buses at the pier.

Aarhus - we were on a Princess tour but I believe there was a free shuttle because we had to dock at the commercial pier which was fairly far away. You may be stopping a Gothenburg this year.

Warnemunde - no shuttle as town is very walkable and most people take tours to other locations.

Tallinn - no shuttle as town is very walkable.

St. Petersburg - no shuttle as you know.

Helsinki - no shuttle as the town is somewhat walkable and there is public transit at the pier.

Stockholm - the Emerald was able to cruise up the Stockholm Archipelago but we were at a farther pier and there was a shuttle for $10/person. The Royal anchors at Nynashamn which is 50 miles from Stockholm this year and I don't know what they are doing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app