November weather in Roatan, Belize?

Bobug

We always cruise in late Jan & Feb with wonderful weather. We are going to Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman & Cozumel the week of Thanksgiving. For those that travel this time of year can you please tell me what to expect weather wise normally?

Thank you!!

Usually the weather is very warm in November! We live in SW Florida and a few years back we were sailing in late November and the first two days (leaving out of Miami and first port was Key West) it was record LOW in Key West, freezing, truly!!! And then by the time we got to our next port in the Caribbean it was very warm and comfortable!

We have been to Rotan in December and it was very warm!

We did that same cruise last thanksgiving week 2013 and the weather wasn't the best. Pretty rough seas and it rained almost the entire time we were in Roatan. But even with all the rain it was beautiful. A lot of the water excursions were cancelled with each port. But still had a great time how can you not your on a cruise. Lol.

We did that itinerary over Thanksgiving 2012. Compared to our Thanksgiving 2011 cruise to St Kitts, St Martin and St Lucia, it felt a little chilly. Cozumel was sunny but a bit cool although I still hung out in my bikini at Playa Uva's. Didn't get in the water much.

Belize was warm and sunny, but we were inland cave tubing, so possibly that made it feel more warm.

Roatan was RAINY most of the day. We practically swam back to the port.

Grand Cayman was windy and sunny. Surf was rough.

I wrote a review (see link in signature) if you want more detail.

Hope that helps. Have a great cruise!

We did that itinerary a couple years ago over Thanksgiving and the weather was AMAZING! We LOVED visiting those ports that week. The water was still warm enough to swim, the temperature was in the low 80s, no rain, and the Holiday decorations were up! We cave tubed in Belize on Thanksgiving day. It was perfect!! Enjoy!

...so much for your replies. We have had the best weather always on our cruises in Feb except for the last time & it rained in G Cayman. I hope we have great weather in November...I have a small group going & most are newbies :)

...so much for your replies. We have had the best weather always on our cruises in Feb except for the last time & it rained in G Cayman. I hope we have great weather in November...I have a small group going & most are newbies :)

HI Bobug,

Make sure you have a contingency plan. When we couldn't do our excursion at Stingray City due to high chop, we changed plans and took a taxi to a beach resort. I guess just rolling with the punches, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared and have a Plan B.

Have a great cruise!

We did the same cruise the first week of December and, unfortunately, the weather was awful. We went to Stingray City in GC & it poured and the water was so rough we had a hard time anchoring. Too difficult to snorkel. Rained in Belize but had plans to fly out to snorkel Shark Ray Alley. Did I & loved it although not as sunny/clear as we would have liked. Had a few hours of sunshine in Roatan and then the skies opened as we approached the ship. Rained so hard that we saw a woman slip on the hilly part leading to the shops before the ship!:eek: Still had fun but you may want to wait to make excursion plans, IMHO.