Serenade of the Seas - Vancouver to HNL 09/26/04

seasi

• 1 month later...

Hi Seasi:

My partner and I will be on that sailing as well.

I see another posting with today's date from RobertoWard on the G&L boards as well : Serenade 9/26/04 .

I've sailed previously on these Vancouver/Hawaii cruises Eastbound and Westbound on the Rhapsody OTS, Legend OTS, and twice on the Radiance OTS -- they're super!

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Dave

http://community.webshots.com/user/davemaclean

Hey Dave,

Great reviews from your previous cruises! It looks like you enjoy this itinerary. I don't suppose you heard any feedback from those that biked down the volcano in Maui? Royal Caribbean used to offer it but no longer - I wonder why.

James

Hi James: I am not sure why RC does not have the biked tours, but my partner were at a condo in Maui last July and biked down the volcano and it was great and I pland to do it again this year with a friend who will be traveling with me on this trip. You can get a better deal on the Internet http://www.hawaiiactivities.com this in one site there are many more. You can do the early morning ride (starts at 2am) or the one that starts at 7am,(getting done at about 3:30pm) we did that on and it was great. The will pick you up and bring you back. If you have the time do it.

I hope this helps you some.

Hi James:

Glad you enjoyed the previous reviews I did on that itinerary. It really is my favourite for sure. All those relaxing sea days and the beautiful Hawaiian Islands .... can't beat it. A bonus is having to only fly one-way as well, living here in Vancouver.

As to the bike excursions, I can't honestly say that I heard of anyone onboard the 4 previous RCI Hawaii cruises who cycled, so I haven't heard them rated one way or the other. Possibly they weren't attracting enough interest and that's why they deleted them??

I'm sure as Roberto says that you'll be able to arrange online easy enough beforehand.

Take care all,

Dave

http://community.webshots.com/user/davemaclean

About cycling.......we heard that there were too many accidents on the DOWNhill ride....inexpierenced riders??? Maybe that's why some of the cruise lines don't offer it anymore.....insurance issues??? This year, NCL Star offered an excursion riding at the "top" of the volcano without the DOWNhill part.

We love the transpacific crossings too. The last one was in November 03 and we have had the pleasure of doing 7 others.....the best!!!

Jerry and Kirk

Thanks for the offer Roberto! I'll let you know. I'm still browsing the internet trying to decide what I want to do at each stop. I love that we overnight in a couple of the ports. It opens up a lot of opportunities for later excursions.

Is everyone flying home directly from honolulu? We decided to stay for a couple of days longer. Honolulu in October or Seattle in October...hmmm...Honolulu sounded nicer!

James

Hi James: I am also looking at the Internet to see what to do on the islands. I am not sure yet if I am flying directly home. The cruise line does my flights and normaly I don't get them until about two weeks before the cruise. I do know that I am flying up a day early with my partner.

Robertoward (Dale)

Archived