Best thing you've eaten?

missy428

I'be been doing research for my Splendor cruise in August and I'm excited about Carnival's free offerings in the MDR and at the a rotisserie and brunch and so on it's a bit overwhelming. So what's the best thing you've eaten on the Splendor or any other ship, where did you get it, and when?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'be been doing research for my Splendor cruise in August and I'm excited about Carnival's free offerings in the MDR and at the a rotisserie and brunch and so on it's a bit overwhelming. So what's the best thing you've eaten on the Splendor or any other ship, where did you get it, and when?

The wedding cakes that carnival makes....

Hi Missy. Everyone has their personal preferences. I like the deli. Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches. Deck 8 Aft.

Here is a website that you may do a little research with menus. I was on the Splendor for 15 days to Hawaii last year....so if you have any questions, please ask. We will be on her again in October also.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.ashx

Since you will still have the old menus take advantage and try the Bitter n Blanc! grand Mariner soufflé! and the Creme brûlée! They are the best.

For appetizers, the pumpkin soup and strawberry cold soup, and the oysters rockerfeller.

For mains my favorite of all was the martini braised Basa fillet. The absolute BEST!!!!!!!

Hi Missy. Everyone has their personal preferences. I like the deli. Corned beef and pastrami sandwiches. Deck 8 Aft.

Here is a website that you may do a little research with menus. I was on the Splendor for 15 days to Hawaii last year....so if you have any questions, please ask. We will be on her again in October also.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.ashx

Thanks for the menus!!!

I've seen pictures of this in some reviews. It took great self control bit to lick the screen lol...

Just wait until you actually taste it, it is the best!!! LOL!!!! :D

I always ask for 2 little bowls of ice cream with it... It will blow your diet out of the water but so worth it!!!

Edited by ILUVCRUIZN

I always ask for 2 little bowls of ice cream with it... It will blow your diet out of the water but so worth it!!!

Diets are not for vacations :p I make a point to try as much as I can on cruise vacations because you rarely get the chance to try so many "free" things at home

Had a Chateau Briand (ok 2) on the Freedom last Dec. They were awesome... Plus the St Louis ribs are always tasty

AGREE!!! :)

They bring you vanilla ice cream with the CMC. Someone on this forum mentioned eating it with strawberry ice cream. I ordered this when we went on Splendor last month and it is SO GOOD! Strawberry and chocolate together....;):p:D

Chocolate Melting Cake in the main dining room for dessert! It is the best!!!

Let's just say that I have had this dessert for every single meal eaten in the MDR for the last two cruises. Yes two ice creams do help as well!

There have been other outstanding things eaten, but this is consistently the best!

The thin crust "Italy" style pizza on Lido on the Splendor is excellent.

Also in the Pinnacle Steakhouse on Splendor, the shrimp cocktail, surf & turf and the cheescake for dessert are all excellent. Well worth the $35 charge.

The apple crumb cake at the Lido lunch buffet on embarkation day is my favorite cake at the buffet.

You will enjoy the Splendor.

Enjoy!:cool:

The thin crust "Italy" style pizza on Lido on the Splendor is excellent.

Also in the Pinnacle Steakhouse on Splendor, the shrimp cocktail, surf & turf and the cheescake for dessert are all excellent. Well worth the $35 charge.

The apple crumb cake at the Lido lunch buffet on embarkation day is my favorite cake at the buffet.

You will enjoy the Splendor.

Enjoy!:cool:

Apple crumb cake sounds good, thanks!!!!!

I heard this place gets swamped so I'm sure it must be good

I've been on Splendor 2x. Have never tried this place, but the lines are ALWAYS super long. And those cooks work their butts off! I stand to the side and watch the craziness! :eek::p