What do you do on the first day of your cruise?

Babybump09

Hi, we are going on our first celebrity cruise in August sailing on the silhouette. We will embarking in venice then sailing round the Greek isles.

I was wondering what does everyone do on their first day on celebrity? What time do you board? Where do you eat, drink? Please share!!! I'm just trying to in visage our first day! Many thanks!!

We get our glass of champagne, take our embarkation photo, drop our stuff off in our cabin and then get something to eat before wandering the ship. Our last cruise to Alaska, we got on board about 2:30ish and ate at Bistro on 5 (not sure if that's on the Silhouette or not). We were the only ones in there - I think everyone else was up in the Oceanview Cafe. So nice and relaxing.

You're starting in Venice. Enjoy that wonderful city as long as you can before boarding the ship. We enjoyed Seward, AK a long time before boarding the ship. When we finally got ready to board, there was absolutely no line and we were on board in 10 minutes.

We normally board about 11:30 or noon. Meet up with cruising buddies in the Martini Bar to get off to a good start. Meander over to Bistro on 5 for lunch--would not go near the buffet on boarding day :eek:.

Cabins are ready between 1-1:30 where we go to drop off our carryon bags.

Hang out, explore, and check frequently for luggage delivery so we can unpack.

Meet about 5 at Sunset Bar for sailaway.

Shower and change, hit Martini Bar at 7:30 for pre-dinner cocktails, dinner at 8:30--show? No show? Maybe a walk around the outside deck, then crash. Get up and do it all over again!

We normally board about 11:30 or noon. Meet up with cruising buddies in the Martini Bar to get off to a good start. Meander over to Bistro on 5 for lunch--would not go near the buffet on boarding day :eek:.

Cabins are ready between 1-1:30 where we go to drop off our carryon bags.

Hang out, explore, and check frequently for luggage delivery so we can unpack.

Meet about 5 at Sunset Bar for sailaway.

Shower and change, hit Martini Bar at 7:30 for pre-dinner cocktails, dinner at 8:30--show? No show? Maybe a walk around the outside deck, then crash. Get up and do it all over again!

Barb

Hi, we are going on our first celebrity cruise in August sailing on the silhouette. We will embarking in venice then sailing round the Greek isles.

I was wondering what does everyone do on their first day on celebrity? What time do you board? Where do you eat, drink? Please share!!! I'm just trying to in visage our first day! Many thanks!!

Well we did our first(and not last)trip aboard the Eclipse. We first checked out our room & dropped off the carry ons. Then we went up to the Ocean view Cafe for lunch. After that it was time to explore the ship. We've usualy done trips on the Cunard QM2(which is a huge ship)Though the Eclipse isn't small by any standards, we found it pretty easy to find your way around. We then go up top & take some pics of all the other ships in the port..yeah we're just totally exciting people!

Once onboard, assuming prior to being able to get to cabins, we go to MDR to check on our seating. Then to buffet, then to room if available to drop off carry on items.

Then on to finding a drink at a bar and getting our bearings on ship. Sometimes we might book something, like a 'spin' class or once we did book a spa session on first day. We tend to travel with other couples, so many times, we are the tour guides.

Then go back to cabin and get ready for muster/sail away and if available unpack luggage.

After sail away, depending on dinner time for evening, we go have another drink or change for dinner

You are leaving from Venice. Every action should be timed to see the cruise by St Marks either from a port balcony or uptop. Its a sailaway not to be missed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Find your way around the ship, and if you plan on booking any spa visits or specialty dinners, this is a good time to do that. Then hit Bistro for lunch before relaxing at the pool or the sunset bar! Enjoy!

We have done this itinerary and our first day experience on the Silhouette is different than other cruises because we stayed the first night of the cruise in Venice. This is what we did…. We arrived early, before 12, had lunch in Bistro on Five, made spa and specialty restaurants reservations and waited until our rooms were ready. Left our carry on luggage, in our cabin, money and passports in the safe. Then, we went back to Venice, did some shopping (bought a beautiful LV bag) and had really expensive drinks and gelatos in St. Marks Square.

After sunset the thought of all the luggage waiting for me made me go back to the ship. My husband decided he needed more of those expensive drinks and stayed with some friends in St. Marks. :mad: They didn't make it to the last shuttle ;), don't know and don't care about how they made it back but they did. The next morning we had a pre-booked guided tour. After the tour, another lovely lunch and more shopping….

BTW, we were invited to the helipad for sail-away in Venice and it was a beautiful experience.

Light breakfast at the hotel and leisurely transfer to the port at a reasonable hour - not too early. I dislike hanging around.

Glass of bubbly stuff and photo...very nice

To room as soon as possible, unpack and sip wine.

Out for a walk around the ship

Muster drill

somewhere nice for Sailaway.

Dinner in the "noisy crowded MDR" and then see what the rest of the night brings :)