Bad start to very good Royal cruise

clo6216

Awesome we have the exact same cabin other side of the ship. Were there any issues with lights from the seawalk/seabar? Visibility issues? Have any photos? :)

We were under the seawalk side and there were no issues with that. We could hear the television from the adjacent cabin; otherwise, very quiet cabin. I don't know about the starboard side, though. There are blackout curtains as well as a curtain separating the bedroom area from the rest of the stateroom so lights won't be a factor. I have some photos... but I don't know how to post them. I've tried before with little success. Sorry. I think all the mini-suites are alike, and I'm sure I've seen pix posted. The shower is nice. Large with multi-showerheads. The closet is pretty big, and there were more than 20 hangers. I always bring extra but didn't need them this time. Plenty of drawers and shelf space. (After the muster drill, put your lifejackets under the bed and you'll have an extra shelf in the closet:D).

First of all, I do apologize for saying I am glad you weren't able to get spaces. That was not very nice of me. It really is not your fault since Princess DOES allow people to bring guests into the boarding lounge and then board with them. Seems like I have had issues with this on every cruise. I still remember the one when a couple brought more than a dozen relatives, all first time cruisers, with them and they all pushed their way in front of us. HAs happened on the last six cruises. So I guess it will continue until Princess changes their policy. I doubt they will because they are looking for "new" cruisers that will spend money. Many of us elites don't spend as much as new cruises so I imagine they can put up with a few upset people - it is all about $$$$$$$$$.

I guess when you started off you talked about wanting to stay close to the port so you could get on board as soon as possible so you could to get those sanctuary spots - that is what triggered my response.

But as I said, I'm glad you had a good time.

Thanks for your comments! They are very much appreciated. And Please don't let the negative comments of a few get you down. Most seem to appreciate the time you took with your thoughtful comments.