Mini Suite vs Balcony room

Nanookz

I think it depends of the ship. The Sun class minis, in my opinion, much nicer than the minis on the other classes of ships.

Infants do require a lot of support equipment (and space), so a mini might well be worth the extra cost.

And the bathroom is larger - needs to be in order to fit in the tub. On my first and only cruise (the Grand) we ended up with a free upgrade from a window room to a balcony room. Needless to say I got spoiled but the bathroom was pretty darn tiny for a big guy like me (6' 2" and 225 lbs). I reserved a mini-suite for the cruise I'm taking this fall and would definitely absolutely do it if I was bringing a baby or a toddler. For ayone who may spend a bit of extra time in the room the extra space will be much appreciated.

By the way - I saw a number of people with babies on our cruise and thought it looked like a great low-stress way to take a vacation with a little one.

Archived