Moorea, Papeete, Bora Bora, sightseeing tours from Port

ksav

Hi guys, seeing as ship booked shore excusions are so expensive does anyone know if there are sightseeing tours that we can book when we arrive at the port? There were a lot in the Alaskan ports, but not sure if there will be in the Pacific islands over easter . Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks Karen

When we were in Tahiti last year there were several private tour guides looking for custom, some were even there to get bookings for Moorea the next day.

In Bora Bora we booked a terrific day trip where we swam with sharks and rays and had lunch on a motu, also snorkelled with tropical fish. Booked it from home, before we left and it was one of our best ever cruise excursions. If you need it I can find the details for you :)

You will have a terrific time, the South Pacific is a gorgeous destination.

When ships come through Tahiti there probably are some vendors hanging out to garb customers but usually the ships who start / end cruises in Tahiti do not have the vendors hanging out front. The reason is most people arriving to take ........ ah, lets say the Paul Gauguin arrive at 3pm and the ship leaves at 11pm, no time for a Tahiti tour.

I'm sure there might be an exception from time to time but what I said is the norm .........

Around the ship dock area Papeete

Best tours & things to do on Bora Bora

Best tours & things to do on Moorea

Really good info from Tikiintahiti,

But the info about Moahi Nui is not quite right, the food is super abundant, as is the drink. We were really well fed on our trip. Our boat boy was Luciano and he was knowledgeable, helped everyone to participate and serenaded us with his little ukulele during the trip.

We were on a Celebrity cruise which arrived early morning and stayed late, so lots of passengers wanted trips. I am sure the locals know the times of the cruise ships and will be there if you have the time to take advantage of their trips.

Whatever you do, enjoy it!

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm .............

Glad you had a good experience with Patrick .........

No offense but .................

Were you there when 30 people were hungry and the piglet had enough meat on it to feed about half of us?

I've taken Patrick's tour at least 4 times and on 2 occasions the food and drink ran short. I remember Patrick long before he started doing lagoon tours. 20 years ago he pretty much did fire dancing and that was it.

We've had good experiences for the most part with Patrick but there have been times I would of expected better especially seeing he charges more than the others .......... never .......... never ........... run out of beer :eek:

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Hi Tikiintahiti,

Maybe we got lucky but we thought there was lots of food. As well as the fire pit there was a big BBQ going with delicious fish - I had 2nds and 3rds of that! Think there were 4 boatloads when we were there. Our boat was missing one couple, but even with 2 missing I think we did okay with food.

I was drinking the sparkling wine, mostly, my husband and the rest of his friends were on the beer and I don't remember them running out.

You are right, it is an expensive trip, but we felt we got value for money, considering we were in such a remote location. We think the only additional thing we could have done was a short helicopter flight over Bora Bora as it is difficult to get a good impression of the lagoon and the remoteness of it all from sea level.

I would do the trip again, I just loved the snorkel trips! :)