Do people actually sit in the lounge chairs inside of the little Haven pools?

Zoey

Okay....I HAVE to ask. I've been pondering for several months now the purpose of the lounge chairs in the three inch shallow pools in the Haven Courtyards. I thought that maybe it would finally dawn on me but after all this time I still haven't figured it out. I've seen at least a hundred pictures and not ONE time have I seen anybody actually IN one of the chairs. Are they useable or are they some type of artistic display? I think that that space could have been SO more well utilized...maybe a bigger, deeper pool, or space for more chairs, or something. It seems like wasted space to me. Maybe those that have actually stayed in the Haven have used them, or seen others using them?? I've just never seen a picture of the chairs being used.

Personally, I would feel weird and on display sitting in one of them out in the middle of everyone if there were a lot of people sitting in the chairs around the pools.

I'd also probably have a difficult time getting in and out of them since they are SO low to the ground.

Probably would NOT be a pretty picture!:D

That was my first thought when I saw pictures of the Haven!!! I immediately thought, hmm nothing like being "on display" for everyone to see :-) since I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a Haven room in this lifetime, the mystery may remain unsolved for me :-P

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I wish I could post pictures on here of us using them but my hubby wouldn't be too happy....

I think people use them just to cool off a little while baking in the sun because the chairs sit in only a few inches of water.

And far as being on display, I don't think anyone in the Haven even blinked twice at who was in the pool or at least we didn't. : )

The Jewel class ships do not have loungers directly sitting in the pool.

Edited by McCutie

I wish I could post pictures on here of us using them but my hubby wouldn't be too happy....

I think people use them just to cool off a little while baking in the sun because the chairs sit in only a few inches of water.

And far as being on display, I don't think anyone in the Haven even blinked twice at who was in the pool or at least we didn't. : )

The Jewel class ships do not have loungers directly sitting in the pool.

The dark colored lounge chairs in the linked photo located inside the pool may be what the OP is talking about. http://cruiseweb.com/norwegian-epic/staterooms/ncl-epic-The-Haven-Courtyard-Pool.jpg

I was in the Haven on the Epic quite a bit. No. Nobody used them.

Except for a bunch of hyperactive kids who would lay in them....for about 5 seconds at a time. Then they'd run around them and play tag, or jump and climb on them like a jungle gym, or do something else equally noisy and annoying.

The dark colored lounge chairs in the linked photo located inside the pool may be what the OP is talking about. http://cruiseweb.com/norwegian-epic/staterooms/ncl-epic-The-Haven-Courtyard-Pool.jpg

OP, I've never been in the Haven but if you are speaking about the ones in the above link. In answer to your question "the purpose of the lounge chairs in the three inch shallow pools". People possibly use them tanning. For the same reason someone would float around a pool on an air mattress. Some people feel you tan quicker with the reflection off of the water.

I know exactly what the OP was taking about and that is what I was referring too....

We were just on the Breakaway and we sat in them briefly.....

I know exactly what the OP was taking about and that is what I was referring too....

um perhaps that poster posted that because you said you couldn't post pictures and so they found one online to help?

I know it helped me, I had no idea what the OP was talking about, never being in the haven.

Edited by che5904

um perhaps that poster posted that because you said you couldn't post pictures and so they found one online to help?

I know it helped me, I had no idea what the OP was talking about, never being in the haven.

That is exactly why I posted it. Thank you che5904 for picking up on it. I felt like I was only trying to help out and ended up getting slapped up the side of the head. I guess I had forgotten that one has to have very thick skin on this forum lately.

Thick skin? come on..... If you felt I slapped you in the head, then I apologize.

You quoted me, so I figured you were speaking directly to me......

If you just wanted to post a link, just post a link......

I wanted to show the OP that people did use them but didn't think it was okay to post pics on here of people using them.

Oh.....that one doesn't look quite as bad as some of the pictures I've seen. I've seen some that didn't look like there was even a deeper pool connected, only the three inch pools.

I agree that those chairs are such a waste of space. A larger pool would be ideal. I think the chairs in water visual is modeled after many 5 star resorts that have a huge area like this. Unfortunately there is not enough space on a ship for such a resort. The Four Seasons hotel in Miami has an incredible water area that is huge and all the lounge chairs are in water. People can splash their feet and cool off in addition to the sun reflection, etc.

I wish NCL would not put the Haven pools in the sunken areas. The Haven area and pool should have an ocean view. The Princess sanctuary area is a good model. They have the hot tubs, pool, chairs, bar, etc .....all on one level and has ocean views. I dont like the sunken Haven areas. You barely get any sun in them and they are so small.

Edited by david_sobe

I agree that those chairs are such a waste of space. A larger pool would be ideal. I think the chairs in water visual is modeled after many 5 star resorts that have a huge area like this. Unfortunately there is not enough space on a ship for such a resort. The Four Seasons hotel in Miami has an incredible water area that is huge and all the lounge chairs are in water. People can splash their feet and cool off in addition to the sun reflection, etc.

I wish NCL would not put the Haven pools in the sunken areas. The Haven area and pool should have an ocean view. The Princess sanctuary area is a good model. They have the hot tubs, pool, chairs, bar, etc .....all on one level and has ocean views. I dont like the sunken Haven areas. You barely get any sun in them and they are so small.

Yeah, it didn't look to me like it was a good place to get a tan - not on the Epic anyway. Thankfully, we will have Posh.

Slightly off topic... Surrounding that pool area - behind the balcony/awnings things... What is there? Is it like a walkway with doors to cabins right there?

Slightly off topic... Surrounding that pool area - behind the balcony/awnings things... What is there? Is it like a walkway with doors to cabins right there?

I believe you are referring to the interior hallways that the Haven cabins open out onto. The hallways are directly adjacent to the courtyard on the aft, port and starboard side of the courtyard.

I believe you are referring to the interior hallways that the Haven cabins open out onto. The hallways are directly adjacent to the courtyard on the aft, port and starboard side of the courtyard.

So the cabin doors basically open to the open-air courtyard, since there is no roof on Getaway? I might be looking at it wrong. Are those hallways air-conditioned even though they are technically "outside", or at least not fully enclosed inside?

I'm picturing that it's like this, only nicer:

venice-motel-6-pool.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

So the cabin doors basically open to the open-air courtyard, since there is no roof on Getaway? I might be looking at it wrong. Are those hallways air-conditioned even though they are technically "outside", or at least not fully enclosed inside?

I'm picturing that it's like this, only nicer:

venice-motel-6-pool.jpg

What part of "interior" confused you? The cabins open out onto an interior hallway. One side of the hallway are the cabin doors. The other side of the hallway are the windows you saw in the previous photo I provided a link to. http://cruiseweb.com/norwegian-epic/staterooms/ncl-epic-The-Haven-Courtyard-Pool.jpg The dark rectangular shapes below the awnings are the exterior side of the windows on the open courtyard side. The photo is of the Epic courtyard which does not have a roof.

Here is a good video to watch to gain some perspective.

Pay attention at the 4, 7:30 and 11:30 minute marks for views of the courtyard. Edited by Cruisin&Relaxin

Yes, I have sat in those loungers - in my case, it was aboard Breakaway during a January C2N. The roof was closed, the sun was bright, and my BFF and I hung out and chatted for about 30-minutes or so in those loungers after taking a dip in the hot tub . . . why not? I didn't feel like I was on display (nor would I want to be!), but I can't imagine hanging out there all day.

I sat in one, mainly to make sure my children weren't tempted to use them as water slides ;). Seriously though, a bigger pool would have been a better use of space, this area was often empty on our March 9 BA cruise. Fwiw you dint actually sit in the water, the chair is above the water line and there is maybe 4 inches of water around the chair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk