Itinerary help for our 3 days in Bermuda (while pregnant).

MissMet

Hi guys. We'll be headed to Bermuda on the NCL Breakaway in June. I think we have our itinerary pretty much figured out, but I just want some insight and some help with transportation.

I will be just under 5 months pregnant on this trip and this is my first pregnancy, therefore I don't have a clue how I'll be feeling. Due to this, we decided against excursions, because we feel a more relaxed, at-our-own-pace type of trip would be best, not to mention most excursions I'm not allowed on. :rolleyes:

We're also thinking of not taking advantage of the public buses & using only taxis & ferries. We just feel more direct, less crowded trips would be better for me. Having said all that, please let me know what you think of what I've come up with. Obviously, we'll be playing this all by ear depending on how good I feel. We are normally very active, so I've planned it as if I will feeling great and we can always scale back.

Wednesday:

-Snorkel excursion for hubby with Snorkel Bermuda, 9am - 11am

-Ferry to St. George for a horse-drawn carriage ride & snorkeling at Tobacco Bay

-Harbor Nights in Hamilton

Thursday:

-Taxi to Horseshoe Beach ($60 rt?), possibly try to walk the beach path

-Explore Dockyard

-Lennon Concert or Frog & Onion Pub for some live music.

Friday:

-Possibly go see the caves (taxi cost? should we take the ferry to Hamilton, then a taxi?)

-explore the rest of the Dockyard that we may have missed

-maybe FunGolf.

Please let me know what you think & any suggestions you can think of, especially with transportation. Originally I had day 1 & 2 switched, but I'd rather get a real early start to our beach day & not fight the entire ship getting off at the same time going to, most likely, the same place- Horseshoe Beach. This way when everyone's rushing off the ship, I can relax by the pool or in the spa (if I'm allowed) :roll eyes: & miss that chaos, while hubby's off snorkeling.

Thanks! :)

my comments -

the $60.00 r/t to Horseshoe Bay would have been approx right in 2013, but the taxi drivers have been granted a 25% increase in fares, and I don't know if it has been implemented.

either cave requires that you walk down and up about 85 cement steps which can be damp/moist. There are resting spots along the stairs.

I would take the ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi from there. You could ferry to St George and then a taxi from there. The 2013 taxi fare from Hamilton to the caves, one way - $22.00; from SG, $15.00.

SBtS

A note on the ferry to St. George...because of limited service the ferry can be very crowded, with passengers waiting in line for a considerable amount of time before boarding. Particularly on a hot day you may find this to be unacceptable.

As far as I know, the proposed taxi fare increase has not yet been granted or implemented...it has simply been discussed. I do suspect something (which may or may not be the initial proposal) will be done in the near future.

I think your planning sounds wonderful!

We will be going this July and are so excited!

Congrats to you and hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Please come back and let us know how you did :)

Safe Sailing!

Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I was 23 weeks pregnant the last time I did the caves. For me, Fantasy was harder than Crystal, but then again I did Fantasy second. I just took it slow. What really helped was that when I did the Fantasy caves the group I was in wasn't very big so it was much easier for me to stop for a moment and rest.

Also as an FYI, I had no problems taking the buses. Neither did my sister who was also 23 weeks along (our due dates were 4 days apart).