Cruising alone

scuderi01

So I was thinking on taking a cruise with just my son in Nov on the NCL Gem.... Has anyone ever cruised alone before and do u think it is safe with just me and my child he is 13.......

Well you're not reallllly alone if your son is with you. I'm female and have cruised alone-alone about a dozen times and always felt safe. There is a 'solo cruisers' forum below on CC, you should check it out as it has great information for solo cruisers. You will be safe on the ship and 13 is a great age for your son to make friends in the kids club.

Whatever you do, have fun!!!!

So I was thinking on taking a cruise with just my son in Nov on the NCL Gem.... Has anyone ever cruised alone before and do u think it is safe with just me and my child he is 13.......

Sure it's safe,....you'll be there for him. I always go solo, but I'm quite older. In fact I hope to be on the Gem, (again) in early sept. They have a teen club, and many activities for him, including the teen dance club, table tennis, shuffleboard. Most things that you can also join in with him. The gem is a great ship, and I'm sure you'll both have a great time. btw, is this your first cruise? If so, it will be a new experience for both of you. Do it, and you won't be sorry.:)

I did my first cruise last year with my 15 year old son. The only problem I had was getting him to join me for dinner--he was way to busy enjoying the friends he met at the teen club. We are going on another cruise this June and I told him he is going to have to spend a little more time with me.

Go--it's safe and you'll be hooked. At least, we were.

I always cruise solo and love it~~my 6th cruise will be on the "Gem" in October for 11-days~~cannot wait. I took my daughter one time and she did not like cruising at all and once I took two high school friends and wanted to throw them both off of the balcony! Happy sailing!:)

As many of already said - cruising solo or with a teenager will be just fine.

I have travelled alone-alone as a solo many times and have enjoyed myself immensely. It never fails, I usually end up striking up a conversation with someone sitting on a lounger or at a table - and before you know it - any thoughts of feeling "alone" evaporate.

It is safe, and easy to manage in terms of travelling and negotiating different countries, ports, etc. I love that I only have to handle my luggage at the beginning and at the end of my travels and do not have to think about packing and unpacking until the last night.

I can actually relax and enjoy the world go by, see different countries/ports and go back to my cabin when I want to. Bliss - pure bliss! I say go for it!

I cruised alone with my daughter a couple of times when she was younger! My husband was not always able to get away, and I would take her. You will be fine. It's fun having a mommy / child trip!

Edited by SissasMomE