Carnival Seamiles question

stingray310

Can anyone tell me for sure if you can use your own TA with this card or are you required to use their TA to book your cruise. I was told on the phone that I could use my own but I am not for sure if the operator clearly understood what I was asking her and I could not find anything on their website that clearly defined this either. I just wanted to find out if anyone had done this before and had used their own TA. It does look like they have made some recent changes to the program perhaps because of complaints that they received in the first few months of their program and I thought the TA situation may have been one of the changes. Also can anyone tell if there is a service charge when redeeming your points.

Thanks,

Stingray

Can anyone tell me for sure if you can use your own TA with this card or are you required to use their TA to book your cruise. I was told on the phone that I could use my own but I am not for sure if the operator clearly understood what I was asking her and I could not find anything on their website that clearly defined this either. I just wanted to find out if anyone had done this before and had used their own TA. It does look like they have made some recent changes to the program perhaps because of complaints that they received in the first few months of their program and I thought the TA situation may have been one of the changes. Also can anyone tell if there is a service charge when redeeming your points.

Thanks,

Stingray

From what I understand, to get double points you have to book it with Carnival. But if your reademing (sp on that one) your points to pay for the cruise then you have to use Carnival. Call them one more time, I wouldn't chance it.

If I'm understanding your question correctly your wanting to know if you have to book with a travel agent when using your seamiles card or with carnival? It makes no difference. Whatever you choose. I recently booked with an online agency and used my seamiles credit card to put the deposit down on the cruise. When I received my statement it showed that I had received double points for booking a cruise with carnival (because if you book anything that has to do with carnival you get double points). Then single points for all other items I had used the cc for.

As for redeeming points I have no idea as I have not done that yet.

Hope that helps!

Tam

There was alot of confusion about this in the beginning about how you had to book your cruise to get double points. I contacted juniper and carnival and got a different answer each time I called. I decided to use my seamiles card with carnival and not the seamiles booking agent cause I could get air with my cruise. I just checked my cc statement and I am recieving double point for booking through and making my payments. So yes you get double points whenever you use it with carnival

If I want to use my points on Seamiles that I currently have ...can I use my private cruise agent to book the cruise and redeem the points ...or do I have to book with the SeaMiles agent to redeem my SeaMiles points....with Cap1 ..I transferred my points to Carnival ...then my private agent booked my cruise and the points were redeemed by Carnival once booking was confirmed...

Any info on how this works now ....anyone redeemed their SeaMiles points yet for a cruise on Carnival or any other cruiseline?

If I want to use my points on Seamiles that I currently have ...can I use my private cruise agent to book the cruise and redeem the points ...or do I have to book with the SeaMiles agent to redeem my SeaMiles points....with Cap1 ..I transferred my points to Carnival ...then my private agent booked my cruise and the points were redeemed by Carnival once booking was confirmed...

Any info on how this works now ....anyone redeemed their SeaMiles points yet for a cruise on Carnival or any other cruiseline?

I guess this is more what I was trying to originally ask also, is when you redeem your points are you required to use their travel agents to book or can you redeem points and use your own TA. Sorry for not being clear on that.

Thanks,

Stingray

Ok....if you want to earn seamiles points and have them doubled you can book thru anyone ...

If you want to USE your seamiles points you must go thru SEAMILES TRAVEL AGENCY....its not even carnival direct.

I just booked the Liberty ..and my agent clarified that I could not use my points to book thru her but would have to book directly with the agency that is handling SeaMiles redemptions of points ...

Sure liked the Capital One program ..not too happy with the SeaMiles program ...

Susan

Clearwater

Liberty 3/2007

amen.

That is probably why Carnival changed it. It was costing them to much money.

We currently have a little over 30,000 miles and have decided to accumulate enough for four free cruises....and then go to something that is less restrictive.

My concern is that , if I use the miles to get "a free cruise", is their agents' rates going to be so much higher on the other 3 family members that it defeats the "free cruise" we got.

We get Interline rates that are generally $100 a person less than anywhere else. I don't want to lose my Interline rates because I have to use "their agent" on the folks we are paying for.

You can go on the Seamiles website and look up what you get for your points. Since we're taking the Legend next March, I went through their search to see what I could find. Yes, you have to use "their" travel agent, AND they charge you a $50 fee besides. For the cruise we're taking, for me to redeem 10.000 points and get "up to" $500 off, yeah right. The cruise price quoted on that site was well over $100 more pp than the rate we already got. That meant I would have lost my 10000 points and paid not only the $50, but the additional $100+ just to book with their agent. We decided to just keep adding on to our points until we have enough for a "free" cruise. On our last cruise, we got $1000 off the price by redeeming Capital One points; I really am going to miss that program. But I agree with an above poster - it was costing Carnival too much money!

Ok....if you want to earn seamiles points and have them doubled you can book thru anyone ...

If you want to USE your seamiles points you must go thru SEAMILES TRAVEL AGENCY....its not even carnival direct.

Thank you Gumdrop, that is what I was wanting to find out. I'm not sure if

I am going to get their card if I have to use their travel agent. Thanks again for clarifying that for me.

Thanks,

Stingray

Archived