When will MSC announce their 2015 itineraries?

WouterC

Does anyone here have a clue when MSC will announce their itineraries for Summer 2015 ?

There isn't any info at all currently. I noticed a number of other cruise lines did already announce their 2015 itineraries, but nothing from MSC?

We're especially interested in their cruises that do the Baltic region (in 2014 the itinerary that's done by the MSC Poesia).

I'm also impatiently waiting. We're hoping for a Norwegian fjords cruise for summer 2015. Historically, MSC is very late in releasing itineraries compared with other cruise lines.

splendida will do northern europe from hambourg

norway , uk and island cruises

splendida will do northern europe from hambourg

norway , uk and island cruises

Many thanks for the info! Great news that the Splendida will be in this region.

But if I may ask, how do you know this?

Edited by WouterC

Nevermind, I found some press releases stating that MSC is leaving the UK and moving to Hamburg.

I also read that Splendida will dock in Amsterdam, and that Amsterdam will also be a port of embarkation:

http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/index.php?site=cruises&hc=cruisekalender

Since both Hamburg and Amsterdam are embarkation ports, perhaps the Splendida will have roughly the same route as the Opera is currently doing?

That could mean one of the itineraries will be:

Hamburg (instead of Southampton) - first option for (dis)embarkation

Amsterdam (IJmuiden) - second option for (dis)embarkation

Tallinn

St. Petersburg

St. Petersburg

Helsinki

Stockholm

Kopenhagen

Hamburg (instead of Southampton)

Amsterdam (IJmuiden)

Edited by WouterC

Sorry i have seen Cruise listed in a french web site

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry i have seen Cruise listed in a french web site

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This one?

http://www.croisiland.com/_fr/croisieres/msc-croisieres-9/navire-msc-splendida-11/allemagne-norvege-svalbard-et-iles-jan-mayen-23062.html

Edit: here's a link with all Splendida sailings:

http://www.croisiland.com/_fr/croisieres/listes.php?date_min=2014-03-20&compagnies[]=9&navires[]=11&page=11&tri=tri_date

Edited by WouterC

Thank you both! I'm going to go update my spreadsheet... :)

I was hoping the Splendida would sail to the Baltic capitals, but alas... it seems like that itinerary will be serviced by the Orchestra.

So far I know that Baltic Capitals will be serviced by the MSC Orchestra, the RC Serenade of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas and the Norwegian Star.

I was asking this same question about the 2014 season and learned that there wasn't a single release date. The website would be gradually sprinkled with new itineraries as the webmaster built the data for them. And they didn't begin to appear until late summer/early fall 2013. It drove me crazy.

One thing that helps the time pass: If you go to the German MSC website you'll see approximated itineraries more than a year in advance. I'm not sure why that is. But when the US website was rebuilt for 2013 it matched pretty closely.

I am not sure about Summer 2015 but I know Winter 2014/15 is book able - have just booked cruise from Dubai for 14th Feb. Only return from same itinerary last week on Lirica and family now want to do this cruise too so have booked it this time on Orchestra.

If you phone MSC direct I am sure they will give you details of any Summer 2015 cruises in the areas you wish to visit or may even give you a link on line.

Good luck with your plans

Suron (Bristol Uk)

I am not sure about Summer 2015 but I know Winter 2014/15 is book able - have just booked cruise from Dubai for 14th Feb. Only return from same itinerary last week on Lirica and family now want to do this cruise too so have booked it this time on Orchestra.

If you phone MSC direct I am sure they will give you details of any Summer 2015 cruises in the areas you wish to visit or may even give you a link on line.

Good luck with your plans

Suron (Bristol Uk)

Have just had an e- mail inviting me to register with msc uk for details of all 2014/15 Winter cruises, Summer 2015,Winter 2015/16 so why not try this route.

Good luck

Have just had an e- mail inviting me to register with msc uk for details of all 2014/15 Winter cruises, Summer 2015,Winter 2015/16 so why not try this route.

Good luck

I registered, but didn't find anything new. On their homepage, you can now search until a later date, I believe up to august 2015, but if you pick that option there are no results. In their 'detailed' search it still only goes to April 2015. Also, couldn't find any brochures for that season.

Perhaps they'll send it by e-mail once it's available?

Thanks for the tip, MotownVoice! I now see summer 2015 itineraries on MSC's German website! :)

http://www.msc-kreuzfahrten.de/de_de/homepage.aspx

Since I'm looking for Norway sailings, I noted that the Splendida, Orchestra, and Sinfonia will be in northern Europe in 2015. Didn't look for any other locations or ships but I assume they're listed as well.

Thanks for the tip, MotownVoice! I now see summer 2015 itineraries on MSC's German website! :)

http://www.msc-kreuzfahrten.de/de_de/homepage.aspx

Since I'm looking for Norway sailings, I noted that the Splendida, Orchestra, and Sinfonia will be in northern Europe in 2015. Didn't look for any other locations or ships but I assume they're listed as well.

Great, thanks for the heads-up!

I wonder when they will be available for other countries! Very interested in the Fjords itinerary

Next year MSC Preziosa (may to October) and Armonia (may to october) are doing western meds and are both visiting Mallorca every week. This year they had the MSC Musica (may to october), Sinfonia (only June to mid september) and Lirica (June / July / August). So I think they will increase the number of pax in Palma's harbour since they will sail for 6 months in both cases and Preziosa is bigger.

The only ship that is not listed is MSC Fantasia, that I guess will not sail out of Venice since there are already 5 ships (MSC Lirica; MSC Poesia; MSC Magnifica; MSC Musica; MSC Opera)

Also, there is no ship sailing out of Barcelona or Valencia, so I guess it's quite likely that MSC will deploy MSC Fantasia sailing out Spain. It would be nice if it stopped at Mallorca as well, but you never know.

MSC Fantasia is now listed and we'll be doing western meds out of Barcelona / Marseille / Genoa.

it is now confirmed that no Fantasia class ship will sail out of Venice since 2015, probably because the restrictions to bigger cruises. So glad we're booked for this year MSC Fantasia itinerary! I liked it much more than the ones offered for 2015

...it is now confirmed that no Fantasia class ship will sail out of Venice since 2015, probably because the restrictions to bigger cruises...

This is the very reason I say to people, "If you've never been to Venice and it's something you want to see before you die you'd better do it now."

A train ride from Rome to Venice is only a couple of hours. From the Livorno port is even quicker. It's probably not feasible if you only get 6 or 8 hours on shore. But I highly recommend finding a way to make it work even if you have to fly back in one day just to do Venice for a day or two on your own.

No one knows whether climate change and rising seas, along with aging pylons under the city will eventually take the entire city. But even if it just becomes submerged under 8 inches of water "most of the time" it will be catastrophic for the tourism business there.

Edited by MotownVoice

I wonder when they will be available for other countries! Very interested in the Fjords itinerary

Next year MSC Preziosa (may to October) and Armonia (may to october) are doing western meds and are both visiting Mallorca every week. This year they had the MSC Musica (may to october), Sinfonia (only June to mid september) and Lirica (June / July / August). So I think they will increase the number of pax in Palma's harbour since they will sail for 6 months in both cases and Preziosa is bigger.

The only ship that is not listed is MSC Fantasia, that I guess will not sail out of Venice since there are already 5 ships (MSC Lirica; MSC Poesia; MSC Magnifica; MSC Musica; MSC Opera)

Also, there is no ship sailing out of Barcelona or Valencia, so I guess it's quite likely that MSC will deploy MSC Fantasia sailing out Spain. It would be nice if it stopped at Mallorca as well, but you never know.

MSC_preziosa_Ge22032013xix_8416-F130322195450--U1901924615459CfC-214x125-k8iF--645x400MediTelegraphWEB.jpg

MS Preziosa and Fantasia to use Genoa as homeport, leaving Venice and replacing with 4 smaller ships. Local Italian court over rules ban on mega ships so '14 and '15 look good to sail out of Venice.

LINK

http://www.themeditelegraph.com/en/shipping/cruise-and-ferries/2014/04/04/genoa-pinches-msc-flagships-from-venice-YMbbAKo9FAllvyHVDJQgrO/index.html

I& site now has 2015 sailings published and some extending into early 2016

Yes, in the Italian website I think everything is uploaded now.

In the spanish website they have the Mediterranean and Caribbean sailings, but not the northern Europe ones. Anyway the search on the main page does not work, like happened on the previous days with the Italian website so maybe they are charging everything.

One maybe silly question. If you have never sailed with MSC (so you can't join MSC club), and you make a new booking before the first sail, can you apply for the MSC Club discount afterwards, once you have joined it?

And also, can you book new sailings on board with a discount? If I'm not wrong you can do that with other lines