Suites and food - it's all about the food

Janieee

Does anyone have a recent Cagney's breakfast and lunch menu? Are you able to request that the Cagney's breakfast and/or lunch be delivered to your room for in room dining?

Also, for anyone who has been in a suite, what types of snacks did they offer with turndown service?

And finally, for those of you who used the in room dining in your suite, how'd that go? Where'd you order from? How was the room service menu different?

Does anyone have a recent Cagney's breakfast and lunch menu? Are you able to request that the Cagney's breakfast and/or lunch be delivered to your room for in room dining?

Also, for anyone who has been in a suite, what types of snacks did they offer with turndown service?

And finally, for those of you who used the in room dining in your suite, how'd that go? Where'd you order from? How was the room service menu different?

Yes, you can get anything you like delivered to your room for breakfast. You can ask the butler to deliver the menus to your cabin. We were instructed to hang the room service menu out with anything we wanted which was not on the menu just penciled in, like an omlet or that fantastic French toast and the butler will take care of it. We never asked for a lunch delivery, preferring to go to Cagneys for that. I don't recall any turndown treats, but there may have been some. You can feel free to ask the butler for cookies or whatever you desire. We did use in suite dining from one of the specialties. We just let our butler know what we wanted and what time. She came in, set up the table with white cloth and napkins and then delivered the food. Very nice. We never paid any attention to the room service menu, but I think it is a step above the basic one. I have heard you can get any dessert from any restaurant delivered to the cabin gratis, but we never tried that.

Your butler will be happy to bring you any food that is available on the ship. He will bring it to your room anytime you ask, night or day. Be assertive and tell your butler exactly what you want and what you don't want. They are happy to fulfill your requests, but most cannot read minds.

I don't have recent menus from Cagneys, but YES you can have breakfast, lunch, or dinner delivered to your room from Cagneys or any other dining room. You just call your butler and tell him/her what you want. If you want breakfast, you can do it the night before for a set time, or that morning. I always try to give as much lead time as possible- but it's OK to order and ask for it at their earliest convenience.

One handy thing is to ask your butler to bring you a copy of all the dining venues' menus at the start of the cruise- that way you'll have them in your room if you want to order something. If you order dinner from a specialty restaurant (as opposed to the main dining room) you will still have to pay the cover charge. There are reports on here of people ordering apps from one place, and entree from another, but I haven't done that. The butler will bring your order and set it all up in the room with a linen tablecloth and set the table and everything. We even had dinner ordered a few times for late ports as a pre-order so that when we got back to the room, dinner was ready.

The afternoon snacks come around 3 or 4:00 and vary- think small bites of sandwiches, chocolates, cheese/crackers, hordoeuvres, etc. Then at turn down, you can ask for something else- we had a standing order for milk and cookies every night "for the kids". Bascically the butler is there to make you happy- ask for anything you want that's available on the ship and you'll get it.

Can you ask the butler to bring ungodly amounts of yummy crispy bacon from the buffet? We try to eat our weight in bacon on the cruise, lol.

You can if you so desire... In fact, if you demonstrate a love of bacon and have your butler get some for you, it will be noted in your suite "file"... and the next time you sail in a suite, your bacon will arrive without having to even ask about it. It's just one of the nice little touches that go on behind the scenes.

. . .

If you do a search on this forum, I believe I've seen the menu recently. Note it does not change; it is the same for brkfst and lunch every day.

You can also order brkfst or lunch to go--we did this when not everyone was traveling in the suite and I wanted the brownie w/ macadamia ice cream.

Edited by mizlorinj

You can if you so desire... In fact, if you demonstrate a love of bacon and have your butler get some for you, it will be noted in your suite "file"... and the next time you sail in a suite, your bacon will arrive without having to even ask about it. It's just one of the nice little touches that go on behind the scenes.

Now that's funny!!! As many times as we've been in suites, I've never found they have a file on me!! Every trip we have to make our requests. Don't know what pillows we like, type of booze or favorite snacks. Maybe our "file" gets misplaced each time. They do however, keep track during the cruise.:eek:

Reason I know this is because my wife is extremely fond of the pretzel rolls. She had a bunch delivered to our suite on one cruise... The next they magically appeared. We asked the butler and he confirmed that the cruise line keeps files on certain preferences

Your butler will be happy to bring you any food that is available on the ship. He will bring it to your room anytime you ask, night or day. Be assertive and tell your butler exactly what you want and what you don't want. They are happy to fulfill your requests, but most cannot read minds.

This is usually the case. I had a butler my last cruise that insisted on bringing the canapés we specifically told him on day one that we didn't like. We saw him 2x the whole cruise. The very first day anything I asked for he replied with I will try but I have other cabins!!! I didn't ask for anything crazy-ice tea in the fridge and cheese fruit and pretzel bread for a snack. Sooo disappointed in him. My previous butlers were so accomodating-one even asked us what else he can do for us.

This is usually the case. I had a butler my last cruise that insisted on bringing the canapés we specifically told him on day one that we didn't like. We saw him 2x the whole cruise. The very first day anything I asked for he replied with I will try but I have other cabins!!! I didn't ask for anything crazy-ice tea in the fridge and cheese fruit and pretzel bread for a snack. Sooo disappointed in him. My previous butlers were so accomodating-one even asked us what else he can do for us.

He would not have gotten one dime in tip $ from me. That is beyond unacceptable!

There are poor butlers. Had one once. Either be adamant about your basic requests or talk to the concierge. You can ask for a new butler. If all else fails tell the HD how unhappy you are with the butler. Very good chance you will get a positive response. NCL is loathe to have unhappy, talkative suite guests.

We had a poor butler staying in a DOS and spoke to Patrick about it. And although it was like talking to a potted plant the service did change BUT it was completely awkward the rest of our trip

The Cagneys crew deserved triple the tip. They are the ones who made our trip the most special

We had dinner for four (two guests) from Le Bistro served course-by-course by the butler in our Haven two-bedroom suite on the Jewel. He did a fine job and the dinner was very enjoyable. On his own volition, he even brought extra desserts and cheeses for us to try.

Edited by FLAHAM

He would not have gotten one dime in tip $ from me. That is beyond unacceptable!

Im glad you agree that it was unacceptable. I did tip him but I gave him $50 instead of the $200 I had originally planned. :D I also tipped the steward and the waiters at Cagneys and the concierge.

Im glad you agree that it was unacceptable. I did tip him but I gave him $50 instead of the $200 I had originally planned. :D I also tipped the steward and the waiters at Cagneys and the concierge.

You are a better person than I am. I would have been livid if someone said that to me!

The stewards and waiters - boy, they sure do work their behinds off, and deserve every penny they get!!

You are a better person than I am. I would have been livid if someone said that to me!

The stewards and waiters - boy, they sure do work their behinds off, and deserve every penny they get!!

I felt that he did bring snacks (5 out of 10 days not what i wanted) and he did keep our ice tea filled-although I had to leave the pitcher out for him to see it was empty! I felt that giving nothing he may have assumed I didnt know he was supposed to get tipped-this way he knows I was unhappy with his performance. I should ahve left him a note as well but I was so annoyed I didnt wantot expend any more energy on him. It did not ruin my cruise but it certainly didnt enhance it!

I felt that he did bring snacks (5 out of 10 days not what i wanted) and he did keep our ice tea filled-although I had to leave the pitcher out for him to see it was empty! I felt that giving nothing he may have assumed I didnt know he was supposed to get tipped-this way he knows I was unhappy with his performance. I should ahve left him a note as well but I was so annoyed I didnt wantot expend any more energy on him. It did not ruin my cruise but it certainly didnt enhance it!

Ahhh ... very smart. I like the way you think :)

Funny...our butler on the Jade did read our minds! We wondered if the room was bugged...lol. We were thinking peanut m&m's would be good. The next day in our room- peanut m&m's! Same thing happened with other food wish items other days.

The butler will bring anything you ask for. We ordered breakfast in our room (white table cloth service; very nice), and also had dinner served in the Haven. Lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

i agree. i would have left nothing or almost next to nothing and leave him a note saying something like "good luck with the other cabins". poor service=no tipping in my books.

Even though the menu never changes you can request other things. My mother had sliced avocado every day and one day at lunch I wanted a BLT with avocado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yum! Another thing for me to take note of!

I already plan on a crepe in the evening.

Can you ask the butler to bring ungodly amounts of yummy crispy bacon from the buffet? We try to eat our weight in bacon on the cruise, lol.

I did by accident! I was filling out the breakfast card that you leave out on your door for the first time, and under the bacon category I put 4. I meant 4 slices. I ended up with 4 orders of bacon which amounted to 12 or 16 pieces I believe.

Okay I admit it, I ate all of them! :p But hey I was hungry.