Back to back question

hunnibunni123

Hi all, booked on Azura for a back to back cruise...never done this before and have a question...it may seem silly, but do we have to attend the muster at the beginning of the second cruise as well as the first?

And with it being our second only cruise, tips in general would be welcome. We were on Azura before so know ship in general

A back to back is something I am looking into later on in the year.

Personally I would as I like to re familiarise myself with the route and location also I think it gives the staff a chance to see who is using their muster station.

Are you in the same cabin for each cruise?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, as we booked last year we have been guaranteed same cabin. The only problem we found with doing the muster was we missed the sailaway, as my mum is in a wheelchair so we needed to use the lift. Everybody pushed infront of us and we waited ages for the lift so didnt see anything of sailing off. With it being our first cruise this was something we really wanted to see. We just thought perhaps if we dont need to do it the second time, we could be seated for sailaway.

When are you thinking of doing the back to back?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, as we booked last year we have been guaranteed same cabin. The only problem we found with doing the muster was we missed the sailaway, as my mum is in a wheelchair so we needed to use the lift. Everybody pushed infront of us and we waited ages for the lift so didnt see anything of sailing off. With it being our first cruise this was something we really wanted to see. We just thought perhaps if we dont need to do it the second time, we could be seated for sailaway.

When are you thinking of doing the back to back?

Our next 6 cruises will all be back to back and we will attend every muster. I use a mobility scooter and always get to the sailaway. A tip is to keep your life jackets with you and do not try to get them back to the cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is no requirement to attend the second muster under SOLAS - so unless P&O have "gold-plated" the requirements post Concordia you don't need to attend - but if you wish to go to the second muster I'm sure they won't stop you!

I did a BTB with MSC in January this year - and even though I changed cabins for the second week I was not required to go to a second muster drill (although I did take a look to locate my new muster station).

HOWEVER - if P&O do ask you to go to the second muster don't refuse - don't make a fuss - they do have the right to kick you off the ship!

Edited by lake5298

Thanks for the tip Dai...I see you are on Azura this year...August at all??

No we are on April/May

Hunnibunni123

Lovely to speak to you today in ASDA

We had a laugh didnt we talking about this website and some of the characters on here :)

I`m jealous that you are going back on board Azura this time for a MONTH ?!

Cruisefan2012

Was lovely to see you too Cruisefan2012 ;-)

I'm sooo excited its unreal! I feel so lucky :)

Hunnibunni123

On a HAL back to back we had to attend the second muster. We also had to leave the ship for around 3 hours.

We had to go thro customs on the ship, get off then back on the ship. It was a right pain. Never again with HAL or an American line. Sticking with Fred Olsen, P and O and maybe Thomson.

On a HAL back to back we had to attend the second muster. We also had to leave the ship for around 3 hours.

We had to go thro customs on the ship, get off then back on the ship. It was a right pain. Never again with HAL or an American line. Sticking with Fred Olsen, P and O and maybe Thomson.

Yes non of that with P&O, you can get off but you do so with the crew and come back on with the crew. But you can stay on if you want.