How long does it take for a NCL PCC to respond?

kcwingwalker

:confused:

Contacted my PCC at 6:32 pm last night. Simple question regarding upgrade and if it was available. I did not ask for any special deals, etc. Now it's almost 11:30 am Central time and no response. Is this normal? I had hoped for a quicker response, but perhaps I was expecting too much.

Have been working with this PCC since August and overall have not been impressed and would not work with her again.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Contacted my PCC at 6:32 pm last night. Simple question regarding upgrade and if it was available. I did not ask for any special deals, etc. Now it's almost 11:30 am Central time and no response. Is this normal? I had hoped for a quicker response, but perhaps I was expecting too much.

Have been working with this PCC since August and overall have not been impressed and would not work with her again.

Call again and if she doesn't answer call the 800 number. You don't want to miss out on a deal.

I would wait a bit longer. There is a time difference from East Coast to Central. In her defense, I would also consider her schedule for work. I bet she will contact you as soon as she gets in & reviews all her voicemail.

Do you have her email address?

I would send an email letting her know that you are going to call regarding your reservation.

Wait about 10 minutes, then call. This way she knows to have all your info ready.

That's what I have done in the past.

Good Luck!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Not to sound snarky but if you have been working with the PCC for 8 months and you don't care for her and you don't want to work with her again why are you calling her?

Call someone else at the 800 number like was previously suggested and also ask them to change your PCC for you. Easy peasy.

I've always found it best to call, wait 30 seconds and call again (maybe they didn't hear it), still no answer then you leave a voicemail. Go ahead and send them an email incase they're already on the phone when you called. Depending on your PCC, mine gave me a card that says Direct (my guess is a cell). So I call that one a few times before leaving them a voicemail. I then think, what if they left their cell in the car, So I call the "desk" phone again. After going through the process for about 25-30 minutes they answer. I was upgraded to the Brig Suite and received a complimentary Restraining Order. Cruising like a Pirate! :D

On a more serious note. Just call the 800 number and try to get your upgrade through one of them. If they can't do anything then give the PCC a call back in a day (incase they had something where they needed to take off from work). If nothing works then don't be bummed, you're still booked for a cruise and should have already picked a cabin you were happy with.

Edited by BurtonRiderT6

Though some may not like total honesty, here is what I think might be happening.

PCC is busy. Their job is to book as many cabins as possible.

Gets ANOTHER call about upgrade - and figures it is the same as the hundreds a day they get wanting an upgrade because of a birthday or anniversary or past cruiser or because they are special. Decides to call back when they get the time. Time being the key issue here.

Bottom line, not a high priority task.

I am NOT slamming the OP at all. Just a reasonable guess as why no call back.

Nor I am blaming anyone. Just a reality.

As said, the OP needs to take the initiative and call until they get the PCC.

Spoke with another agent at NCL and have booked the owner's suite at an agreeable price. MY DD is going to be so surprised if I can keep it secret!

Update: NCL sent confirmation directly to my daughter............darn!

Edited by kcwingwalker

Spoke with another agent at NCL and have booked the owner's suite at an agreeable price. MY DD is going to be so surprised if I can keep it secret!

Update: NCL sent confirmation directly to my daughter............darn!

Well on an upside, she was probably still surprised ;) Just not quite how you had it planned, and now you don't have to keep the secret, you both can be excited together.

Glad things worked out for you. Always nice when there are happy endings to a story.

Happy sailing.

Edited by che5904

If mine doesn't answer the phone when I call, I'll leave a voice message, then follow up with an email. FWIW mine works out of the AZ office, so there is a time difference to consider. I usually hear back within 30 minutes.

If it's important, and I haven't heard back in 30 minutes, I go to my backup PCC. My normal PCC and another cover for each other, (vacations, sick, off), so I have two shots at getting taken care of by someone that is familiar with me.

And my PCC is proactive enough that I usually know when she's going on vacation - like next week on the POA - especially if I don't have a cruise booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app