First time Med Cruise Questions

Hi, I am from Ireland too, yes that's all you need. If you wish to pay via credit card they might want to swipe this too for your account. What ship are you cruising on? You will have a great time.!:o

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Forums mobile app

We were on the Liberty out of Barcelona in September 2012. It's a fantastic ship with loads to do. Ya when you check in they will give you your sea pass card. This is all you need then for the week. You use it as your key card for your room, to pay for purchases and for getting on and off ship. So its important. Any questions let me know, happy to help.

I normally use a travel agent for my booking so they fill this in. But I don't think I ever gave them my travel insurance details and they printed them no problem. But if you haven't entered them and it states completed they don't need the details. If you do require the details it won't like you print it will say incomplete. Sorry not much help on that

Thats wonderful yes its letting me print them and i got email saying my sea sail pass ready to print, i was just wondering would this cause any delay at the port if i didnt have the info on the online check in, thank u so much xxxx any tips or recommendations for the ship???

Enjoy it, you have paid enough to go on it so take it all in. Go to all the shows etc. Even things you wouldn't normally do, try it at the end of the day it's your holidays!! Every day you get a cruise compass delivered to your room. This is basically a newsletter with everything that is on the ship for the day/night so this is handy to plan your next day. You can rent pool towels from them ( if you return them there is no charge) so you don't have to bring them. There will be two formal nights. If you are into this you can dress up, but personally we aren't, but don't worry its only a guideline you can still go to the dining room those nights in normal clothes.

Hi Ireland Cruiser and Claire. Donal from Donegal here, preparing for our fifth cruiser in October, doing the 7 night Liberty run from Barcerlona.

If yu have any specific questions I'm on madrasneachta at gmail dot com, or if you are on the social network site founded by Mark Zuckerburg, type in the standard address and than forward slash donalkavanagh.

Plenty of cruise pics etc, just mention CC in any messages.

We went on a med cruise about two years ago (Navigator) and I recall there were documents we needed filled out and signed. We forgot to bring them so were asked to fill them out before going in line. Then they took our passports and kept them until the end of the cruise.

Not sure if it's different for Americans though since we're obviously not part of the European Union.

Edited by Artemis908

• 2 weeks later...

Hi donal

We are also from Donegal, god but its a small world, have about 101 questions ha ha, its a first ever cruise and really dont know what to expect, love reading all the reviews and looking at pics, the sail pass and edocs are all ready for printing, but need sort travel insurance. Sorry for delay in replying xxx

Hi Ireland Cruiser and Claire. Donal from Donegal here, preparing for our fifth cruiser in October, doing the 7 night Liberty run from Barcerlona.

If yu have any specific questions I'm on madrasneachta at gmail dot com, or if you are on the social network site founded by Mark Zuckerburg, type in the standard address and than forward slash donalkavanagh.

Plenty of cruise pics etc, just mention CC in any messages.

Men tend to wear suits and dickie bow or tie and women wear either long or short cocktail dresses. You really should join in with the formal night, we have done 6 Cruises and only not dressed up for 1 Cruise, we really felt out of place and didn,t feel right using the dining room so went to the Windjammer which I don,t really like for evening meal. We really regreeted not taking our formal wear.

I'm from Cork and we are off on the Oasis Saturday week. Can't wait.

Don't worry about formal night if you are not into that. The dining room will always serve you. Royal Caribbean dress code is only suggested its not mandatory. (You just have to look respectful)

Formal night is a great way to dress up and get some great family photos taken. However it also means if you are flying, you need to carry so much more luggage. On our first cruise on the Liberty, We did the formal nights, and have not done it again.

In January on the Freedom, for the first formal night we went to johnny rockets. The next night in the dining room, the head waiter asked where were we last night, I replied that I didnt have a suit and as it was formal, we skipped. His reply was what you are wearing now would be more acceptable than what a lot of people wore last night.

My first cruise was 6 years ago, and formal night was a big thing, about 80% were dressed up, Now people dont seem too bothered about it.

We will be on Liberty in June and this is our second Med cruise with RCCL. I carried a pair of black slacks and 2 different sparkly tops (we had 2 formal nights). We wouldn't think of missing formal night, but because we will pack light since we will be gone for 12 nights on this trip. We completed our documents on-line prior to cruising. When boarding, we had our passports, printed documents and credit card (which secures your sea pass card used for all purchases on board), handy. Boarding was easy and efficient. You also have to fill out a very short health form to make sure you aren't sick when boarding. They take your photo, and you hear that first "ping" as you enter the beautiful ship. Enjoy.

Hi donal

We are also from Donegal, god but its a small world, have about 101 questions ha ha, its a first ever cruise and really dont know what to expect, love reading all the reviews and looking at pics, the sail pass and edocs are all ready for printing, but need sort travel insurance. Sorry for delay in replying xxx

I'm in Letterkenny, and if you fancy meeting up for a coffee, I can answer any questions you have. My e-mail address is madrasneachta - at- gmail - dot - com.

For our first two formal nights, I wore a black suit and bow tie. For our third, I just black slacks and a light blue shirt and tie with no jacket. Last time, we decided to forego formal night and go to Johnny Rocketts. To be honest, I missed it a bit!

One thing I will say. Our first cruise was in June 2008. I was on here from the previous September, and watched videos and read to the extent that I was an 'expert' on cruising and cruise ships before even seeing one! Still though, the first sight of Navigator on the dockside in Barcelona still took my breath away!

I envy you that 'wow'!

Donal.

Somewhat unrelated question, but this is only our second med cruise,and first time with RCI. As I read about everyone's preferences of cabins, I'm confused. Why does everyone love an "aft" balcony? I think we lucked out. I think we are on the aft side. (That's the back right?) we are on the serenade sailing 5/12/14. Someone enlighten me! Don't judge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Somewhat unrelated question, but this is only our second med cruise,and first time with RCI. As I read about everyone's preferences of cabins, I'm confused. Why does everyone love an "aft" balcony? I think we lucked out. I think we are on the aft side. (That's the back right?) we are on the serenade sailing 5/12/14. Someone enlighten me! Don't judge.

Not everyone loves an aft balcony. The most often heard reason that people like it is that they generally have much larger balconies than their side facing counterparts.

Note that when people say "aft", they mean the staterooms facing directly aft, not side facing staterooms that are in the aft part of the ship.

Not everyone loves an aft balcony. The most often heard reason that people like it is that they generally have much larger balconies than their side facing counterparts.

Note that when people say "aft", they mean the staterooms facing directly aft, not side facing staterooms that are in the aft part of the ship.

I Think the other reason people like aft balconies is the view is the wake of the ship, and the sense of watching where you've been recede into the distance.

Not my pic, just found it on Photobucket!

021Shipswake.jpg

hi donal

Thank you, Will email you later, Do you mind me asking are you the guy from highland???

I'm in Letterkenny, and if you fancy meeting up for a coffee, I can answer any questions you have. My e-mail address is madrasneachta - at- gmail - dot - com.

For our first two formal nights, I wore a black suit and bow tie. For our third, I just black slacks and a light blue shirt and tie with no jacket. Last time, we decided to forego formal night and go to Johnny Rocketts. To be honest, I missed it a bit!

One thing I will say. Our first cruise was in June 2008. I was on here from the previous September, and watched videos and read to the extent that I was an 'expert' on cruising and cruise ships before even seeing one! Still though, the first sight of Navigator on the dockside in Barcelona still took my breath away!

I envy you that 'wow'!

Donal.