Split Family in Roatan: Scuba for 2, Snorkel for 1

robinbtigger

Hi there! Can anyone recommend a company in Roatan that offers both scuba and snorkel? My husband and 14-year old daughter both dive and they will want to do a 2-tank dive. I prefer to stay on the top of the water so I want to snorkel. Since I will be alone I want to be part of a group. I know that their dive will probably take longer than my snorkel so I'm also looking for someplace that is comfortable to hang out while I wait for them.

Thanks!

I can't recommend a particular company but, I have read in the past, people in a similar situation. If you do a search you might be able to find the post. Otherwise, my only other recommendation is to email dive companies and see what they say. I'm not particularly helpful but at least it's a start.

Try places like Bananarama, Subway Watersports or Las Rocas Dive Center. I have not personally used these, but came across all while I was doing research on another trip. I don't know if they carry mixed boatloads, but worst case, you go with other snorkelers and everyone meets back at the beach bar.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! That's what we are doing right now. If worse comes to worse I think ill book a snorkel trip with another company. I'll be fine as long as I am in a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi ,we went snorkeling with Upachaya ,I believe they also do diving .I can say the snorkeling was spectacular so I can only imagine how the diving would be.

We booked thru shoreexcusioner and went with Subway Watersports. They have 2 reef snorkelling and also offer Diving. We know this as there were 8 people on the Van and only myself and hubby went snorkelling while all the others went diving. They took great care of us and we were back in plenty of time.

West Bay Beach has what you are looking for. Everyone will be able to enjoy the reef located along the shore, and there are many tour operators offering to take divers (or snorkelers) to offshore reefs. We always go to Bananarama, but even the cruise ship's section of the same beach (Tabyana) would be enjoyable. :cool:

I want to thank everyone for their advise! My husband ended up booking with (I think) West End Divers dive shop. I booked a separate snorkel excursion with a $75 excursion credit we had with our travel agency. I think it will be with Subway Sports. We'll just meet back on the ship. Unfortunately, the whole thing is up in the air right now because NCL may skip Roatan next week.

Edited by robinbtigger

Because an NCL crew member was killed during a robbery attempt and they don't feel it's safe at this time. That's NCL because they dock at Coxen Hole. Other ships may still call there with warnings to passengers.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app