Hampton Inn Downtown Vs. Pan Pacific

Need some help. We are a couple along with our 19 year old son. We will be in Vancouver this July coming by train from Seattle for 5 days. We are looking at Hampton Inn Downtown or Pan Pacific for our lodging. Both get good reviews. We are planning on going to Stanley Park, Granville Island, Grouse Mountain/Suspension Bridge, using the HOHO Trolley and of course shopping and nice dining. Which would you choose? Any and all thoughts/comments are appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, we will not be getting on a cruise ship from this port.

If you can handle the difference in price then there really isn't any comparison between the Pan Pacific and the Hampton Inn. In addition to the free breakfast the HI offers, they also provide a free shuttle to Canada Place (for those taking a cruise, which I note you are not). On the other hand the PP offers cruisers a free transfer of their luggage to the pier...well you will want to tip the bellman.:) Both have lots of fine restaurants in close proximity but with the PP the HOHOs stop in front of the hotel or across the street, you can walk to Stanley Park and back along the seawalk. The PP is in close to Waterfront Station where you can go over to the North Shore on the Sea Bus then transfer to a regular bus to go on to the Capilano Suspension bridge and the Grouse Mountain Skyride....or you can take their respective free shuttles from in front of the PP. Then there is the difference in the quality of the two properties...the PP wins hands down.

Thanks to both of you for your quick replies. I was thinking along the same lines but people really like the Hampton Inn so I was a little confused. By the way Putterdude I so appreciate all the time you take to answer all the Vancouver questions, you are such a wealth of knowledge and I've learned a lot from you.

Yes the Pan Pacific is by far the better of the 2 hotels... Pan Pacific is my favorite hotel to stay in and I am a local who has stayed in several of our downtown hotels....

Wonderful service - great rooms all with a view - perfect central location with all the tour buses stopping out front

Gas Town and the Sea Wall walk only a short distance as well the Harbor Centre tower with its view level and revolving restaurant and the Canada walk all right there....

Yes the Pan Pacific is by far the better of the 2 hotels... Pan Pacific is my favorite hotel to stay in and I am a local who has stayed in several of our downtown hotels....

Wonderful service - great rooms all with a view - perfect central location with all the tour buses stopping out front

Gas Town and the Sea Wall walk only a short distance as well the Harbor Centre tower with its view level and revolving restaurant and the Canada walk all right there....

Thank you so much, Pan Pacific it is. Can't wait to visit your amazing city.