How long do you extend your river cruise vacation?

Buddysmom10

My husband took half an ambien on his last flight to Europe (JFK-CDG) and at the end of the flight, neither of us knew how he ended up with stickers on his forehead. but we suspect the small girl seated next to him:p I'm lucky - I never have a hard time falling asleep on a plane.

OMG That is so funny!!!! (sorry) lol :D:D:D

I laughed out loud! Yes always try at home first!

My mom had a much worse experience with ambien so I was very careful my husband and I both tried it at home. I like Sonata too - doesn't make me groggy at all (exits the body the fastest).

He still accuses me of stickering him, but I continue to profess my innocence!

My longest trip was 3 months and I was definitely glad to get home at the end. I suggest that if you're going to do a longer trip, try to pick a central area and stay there for a week or more. It makes traveling less tiring and you get to explore an area more fully and make friends with the locals. Also, think about renting an apartment or someplace where you can wash your clothes. Then you don't need to take as much.

You're only limited by your vacation time and your money.

We're taking a week river cruise but since it's pretty expensive to fly to Europe, we keep adding more places to our vacation. We are now up to 22 days!

Do you find that you just keep adding days/cities since it's so easy/cheap to get around Europe once you are there?

How wonderful you can take the additional time and extend your vacation. We both are still working and my husband only gets 15 PTO days a year. We are taking our first river cruise in May and only have 11 days for this trip. This is our second trip to Europe this year so we make the best of the short time we have.

Marion

We extended our post cruise for 3 days in Amsterdam. We took one of those days for a train trip to Paris. We were a little too tired to get all we could have out or Paris, but it was a great way to get a taste of the city. Amsterdam was fun too.