Covering Air and Cruise

VM_Mom

I just booked my cruise for February 2015 and chose to purchase my own travel insurance since I was told the Princess policy doesn't allow "Cancel for Any Reason." It appears that, depending on the carrier, I need to purchase my travel insurance no more than 21 days after booking my cruise. It also appears to say that I must include ALL travel costs in the quote. My question - Since a traveler cannot book a flight this far in advance, what do you do about your airfare costs? And I don't know yet if I will need a hotel and/or rental car (depends on my flight dates).

Any experience with this?

Thanks!

Buy enough now for the costs you know about. When you buy your plane tickets, modify your policy to include those costs (which will likely increase the premium). Do the same for any other non-refundable costs as you incur or book them. Just make sure to increase the amounts within the same 15 or 21 day window as the original policy required, to make sure that you don't lose your Cancel for Any Reason coverage.

We've done this several times......just call the insurance company you booked thru, tell them you need additional coverage for whatever and they will make the necessary changes. If there is an additional cost, it will be charged to your credit card.

You can also call the company and speak to a rep to verify what their policy is.