Condo rental at the mouth?

pugdad1

They would probably be more than the cost of the cruise :eek:

What condos are you speaking of? The ones on the beach or the high rise at the bridge?

Depending upon the age of the building and size of the condo I'd guess $2000 for a 2\2 for a week off season. Much more for larger in season.

I think that building is Point of Americas. You could probably get a better rate at the Marriott Harbor Beach or Lago Mar.

Edited by BlueHerons

It is Point of Americas. Many condos have regulations against renting more than once a year so that they don't turn into hotels. If you are looking for a long term lease, a real estate agent can search the MLS for you.

It is Point of Americas. Many condos have regulations against renting more than once a year so that they don't turn into hotels. If you are looking for a long term lease, a real estate agent can search the MLS for you.

You know I think someone told me that they have a 28 day minimum because it put them off buying because they wanted to offset the mortgage.

One question for summertime renters. In years gone by, I have visited most of the beaches on the SE but always in high season. However, about three years ago the wife and I visited West Palm in August, and we could not walk on the tan (brown) sand without beach shoes because of the heat. Interestingly, we do not have this problem on the west coast due to the white sand.

One question for summertime renters. In years gone by, I have visited most of the beaches on the SE but always in high season. However, about three years ago the wife and I visited West Palm in August, and we could not walk on the tan (brown) sand without beach shoes because of the heat. Interestingly, we do not have this problem on the west coast due to the white sand.

I'm not sure what your question is. The sand in S FL is very hot as it is tropical .

Edited by royalcruz

That is the Point of the Americas. They are fairly pricey and do have restrictions about short term leases. However, they are lovely. There are two pools, a private beach, library, gym. door man, etc. We looked into buying there a few years ago but decided on a place with a doc instead. http://point-of-americas.com/

Personally, I would not want to live there due to the very heavy traffic that you have to get through either from Las Olas or 17th St. There is much less traffic a few miles north in Fort Lauderdale and Lauderdale by the Sea. I wonder if they've done any recent renovations...I went to a party there about 5-10 yrs ago in the party room and it was really dated, in heavy nautical decor. If it hasn't been renovated you could get hit with huge assessments when the board decides it's time to do so.

Personally, I would not want to live there due to the very heavy traffic that you have to get through either from Las Olas or 17th St. There is much less traffic a few miles north in Fort Lauderdale and Lauderdale by the Sea. I wonder if they've done any recent renovations...I went to a party there about 5-10 yrs ago in the party room and it was really dated, in heavy nautical decor. If it hasn't been renovated you could get hit with huge assessments when the board decides it's time to do so.

I assume that you are unaware if said area has been renovated. Quite frankly, I am impressed by this condo (s); and, I am somewhat reminded of a condo we once owned on Estero Island, wherein, in high season, the traffic in ingress and egress was very heavy. However, once you arrived, you really did not care.

I'm not sure what your question is. The sand in S FL is very hot as it is tropical .

The sand is hot because it is basically ground up rock and shell which are heat conductors. When the sun is up, the sand is hot. when the sun sets, the sand then gets cold.

On the west coast, the sand has a much, much higher quartz composite which does not hold heat. Once you get to Siesta Key, it is almost 99% quartz so even in the middle of August at noon, the sand is cool.

Edited by BlueHerons

The sand is hot because it is basically ground up rock and shell which are heat conductors. When the sun is up, the sand is hot. when the sun sets, the sand then gets cold.

On the west coast, the sand has a much, much higher quartz composite which does not hold heat. Once you get to Siesta Key, it is almost 99% quartz so even in the middle of August at noon, the sand is cool.

The same is true for Sanibel, and Ft. Myers Beach etc. Of course, here in SWFL the sand is white, not tan or brown. The sand at Siesta, Lido, Crescent beaches is also softer than most of the beaches farther south,, with the possible exception of Ft. Myers Beach, which is almost as soft. The sand at Marco is also very white, but a little bit difficult to walk on due to its coarness. Most of the beach at Marco is raked daily; and, pets are not allowed.

The same is true for Sanibel, and Ft. Myers Beach etc. Of course, here in SWFL the sand is white, not tan or brown. The sand at Siesta, Lido, Crescent beaches is also softer than most of the beaches farther south,, with the possible exception of Ft. Myers Beach, which is almost as soft. The sand at Marco is also very white, but a little bit difficult to walk on due to its coarness. Most of the beach at Marco is raked daily; and, pets are not allowed.

By the way, my views are based upon personal observations. Simply stated, I have personally visited all of the areas to which I refer, and many more. Lastly, I offer no dogmatic presentations. In other words, I report and you decide.