Is this a poor choice?

beacha

Considering booking the Pride from Baltimore for August 2014. Is this a bad idea since the ship is going to dry dock in the fall? I was thinking that things might not be as well cared for, or that the crew wouldn't be as interested in service. Maybe they're thinking of their new assignments?

Just wondering what others' thoughts are.Thanks.

We've been on a cruise that was the second last one before dry dock, and one that was fresh out of dry dock, and several in between. I can honestly say that we've NEVER noticed a difference in the great service from the hardworking crew and staff in any of our cruises - they ALWAYS seem to go out of their way to deliver the same great service regardless of where they are in their contracts, or whether the ship is due for drydock work... those people are truly gracious and amazing!

I wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise right before drydock. Enjoy! :)

Edited by nunuc2000

I agree, I don't think the service is going to be any different than at any other time. It has been my experience that the cruise staff takes great pride in their work and wouldn't compromise their efforts just because the ship was going into dry dock.;)

Heck, we're going in September 2014..bout 3 weeks from the scheduled dry dock..we ain't worrying bout nothing....just hoping beers are cold, foo-foo drinks are foofy...temps are good..sun shines and waters stay calm...Then we jump back on Pride after dry dock...well....bout 5 months after drydock..kinks should be mostly worked out by then....