Going to Balcony vs decks?

IMKTDQT810

How many have sailed with a balcony that you find yourself wanting to go back to your room MORE to enjoy the water on your balcony vs. being up on one of the decks?

We will have our 1st Balcony in May and I told DH, who doesn't like too much crazy & crowds, that I see us enjoying the balcony more then being on a deck to just sit and relax.

Anyone else do this or plan on doing this? Just wondered!!

I love the peace and quiet of the balcony and spend a lot of time there. Much more time there than on the upper decks. I also don't care much for all the noise and commotion around the pool. Enjoy your balcony. :)

How many have sailed with a balcony that you find yourself wanting to go back to your room MORE to enjoy the water on your balcony vs. being up on one of the decks?

We will have our 1st Balcony in May and I told DH, who doesn't like too much crazy & crowds, that I see us enjoying the balcony more then being on a deck to just sit and relax.

This is me^^ I would rather avoid the large crowds when possible myself.

My husband spent most of his time on our balcony...reading, relaxing and playing his guitar. I spent more time on the decks. I am much more into people-watching and enjoying the activities than he is. Something for everyone!

We did not use our balcony unless our son was napping and it was our only option. It just felt too claustrophobic compared to the quit places you can find on deck (they are there if you know where to look). I don't think it helped that our neighbors smoked like chimneys. We had the balcony that one time then went back to inside staterooms.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I've always used both balcony AND the decks.... Your own private balcony is great for early morning coffee/mimosa/breakfast, super when coming into/leaving port, and for some late night romance maybe.... :) Upper decks are GREAT when you want to be around all the action which is a lot of the time for me!

Actually, we like both. The balcony is great to have when we want a quiet place to just sit and relax for awhile. But we also enjoy walking around on the ship, to explore, to people watch, or maybe just to get a little excercise. The way I see it, yes, we've paid extra for the balcony, but we also paid to be on the ship. Why not get our money's worth and enjoy both?;)

My husband spent most of his time on our balcony...reading, relaxing and playing his guitar. I spent more time on the decks. I am much more into people-watching and enjoying the activities than he is. Something for everyone!

:eek: Hope those on nearby balconies enjoyed his guitar playing! :D

LuLu

~~~

to balcony or not !:rolleyes:

We have sailed on around 13 cruises, we have did inside, obstructed view , port hole and large window and balcony . :confused:

My wife liked the balcony but I do not, I'm a people looker/chater.

I go on the cruise to look at all types of things/people/places.

I live near the beaches of Panama city Florida so ocean, bay , waves are just not my thing even though they are beautiful to look at , at times.

I do like the night sky and the crash of waves , the distant fog horn.:D

I really just enjoy inside cabins as long as the ships moving.:)

Right now we have lost my father in law , so me the wife and my sister in law are booked in a suit with the large balcony.:eek:

I like the early morning, the mid day, and before bed times to be on the balcony to look, relax, and reflect on how great my life is...

This is exactly the same for me. I love having coffee there and just relaxing. I have never had anything but a balcony.

:eek: Hope those on nearby balconies enjoyed his guitar playing! :D

LuLu

~~~

I figured someone would say that! LOL He actually plays very well and very softly, but we teased him after I read a post where someone said they slipped a note under the cabin door of their guitar-playing balcony neighbor that read, "Please don't sing." :D

I just had a aft wrap balcony on the Conquest and barely used the balcony. I'm going back to the inside cabin on my next cruise because I like to spend all my time up on the main decks meeting others. I sailed solo, I'm sure my mind would change if I were with a girl. As long as I'm single it will be all insides for me.

Balconies are nice to get away, especially on Carnival ships where it is sometimes hard to get away from the crowds.

I do like to be up top for sail away, but just during the day, or relaxing after a port call, a balcony is a fantastic thing to have.

This being said, I will not pay a ton more for a balcony.

It all depends what you like , i love being around people on the decks and swimming pools.

I'm so glad alot of folks gave me their input.

I like to ppl watch but I like the downtime also. On DH's 1st cruise we had an inside. It was a high deck near the bridge and I was worried he would have gotten sea sick from the rocking but he LOVED to be "rocked to sleep". So I thought the fact of getting a balcony for this 2nd would make it a private getaway and if DS wants to sleep in or go to bed, we still have the balcony to enjoy!

And I 100% will be having early morning coffee delivered to the cabin just for the fact of enjoying it on the balcony!!

I seriously doubt I would get my husband on a ship if we hadn't booked a balcony. We are on our balcony almost all of the time. We read, chat, watch the ocean. Every so often one or both of us will take a walk, browse the shops, take in a trivia game, maybe play a slot machine. But the balcony is our base camp. We love it.