Hotel for Five in Miami

terri-eddie

I've never seen this on any of the hotel websites I've checked, but maybe someone here has done this...

We are a group of five...four adults and one teen...traveling together and hoping to book just one hotel room for all of us, the night before our cruise. I just wonder if such a room would be cheaper, or if it's better to just get two rooms.

Anyone who has done this before, please let me know which hotel or chain you used. Thank you!

We've done this at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon and at many Embassy Suites scattered around the country. I suspect some of the extended stay hotels (primarily near the MIA airport) can also handle 5 in a room.

Rooms near South Beach probably won't be able to accomodate you, so I'd take them out of the equation.

Most of the "Suite" hotels will do it. They'll throw you 2 double/queen size beds and a pull out sofa or you can request a roll away bed for $10 a night.

If you are just looking to lounge around the hotel the night before, Springhill Suites Miami Downtown Jackson Memorial would be a great value. You can book 5 guests in the room with 2 double/sofa bed . . . includes transportation from the airport to the hotel and free breakfast/internet. Plus they even offer shuttle to the cruise port for $8 a person (although a cab van would probably be cheaper for 5).

The area isn't the best, but if you are staying in the hotel for the night it is pretty great and nice interior. They have a restaurant but you could always order delivery as well.

I stayed at Hyatt House on Blue agoon Drive last year. There were 6 of us and we got a pretty good rate on a 2 bedroom suite with 2 baths. breakfast was free and they had a free airport shuttle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Six of us stayed at Fortune House in downtown Miami last November. The cost was around $189.00 a night. These are private condos rented out like hotel rooms. We had a two bedroom two bath condo with a bayside view. We were across the street from the Four Seasons and just around the corner was a free trolley that we rode to the Bayside Market Place. This option was more cost effective for our family then getting two rooms. The master bedroom had a king sized bed. The second bedroom had two twin size beds and the living room had a sofa bed.

They also had a very nice pool Jacuzzi and exercise room.

That's a lot of poeple for one bathroom!:eek: I'd personally look for two rooms or like mentioned something that offers more space and 2 baths.

If you are traveling off peak season, two rooms still can be affordable. What's your date?

Edited by eandj

That's a lot of poeple for one bathroom!:eek: I'd personally look for two rooms or like mentioned something that offers more space and 2 baths.

If you are traveling off peak season, two rooms still can be affordable. What's your date?

Our condo had two full sized baths. I should mention that we had 4 adults and 2 children.

We will be flying in on Mar 7 next year, staying for just one night pre-cruise. It's my husband and myself with our 15yo daughter, and my two adult sisters. Bathrooms will probably not be an issue...we grew up together with just one, so we learned to share and schedule!

I will check out some of the hotels that you all have mentioned. Thanks so much for the help.

We have 4 adults in our group and set up a room at the Embassy Suites next to MIA which has a cruise package. We are not cruising till Oct and its 224 a night which includes hot cooked to order breakfast for everyone, complimentary drinks the night before and shuttle to the port. The nice things about Embassy Suites is that the rooms have a separate bedroom and living room giving a lot more space. Hope this helps