Questions for those attending the March 26th Reveal

jv_nyc

Hi everyone! For those who are attending the reveal on the 26th, I understand it's probably about the food and dining options, but if there are any more details about the cabins, specifically the Superior Grand Suite with Balcony (still can't believe there isn't a rendering picture of it on the RCI site), can you please let me know?

Also, I thought we could use this thread to capture questions for those that are going to the event, and if we ask really nicely, maybe they'll come back and respond with answers? :)

J

Great idea Joanna :D

I have a question with regards to the Dining/Food, as two of my family are Lactose Intolerant ( one has Crohns, so Low Fibre diet needed) will the Dining options on Quantum make it easier for them or more difficult for them when it comes to the Main Dining Room and dining in general on Quantum.

I think it's a great idea to compile questions here. But it is only a 2 hour event which will involve serving food. I don't think we would be able to get all of the questions answered in a 2 hour event, even if it was all Q&A! I will pass on what I find out.

I won't be able to post until Thursday because I won't get home until really late on Weds. Hope some of the more local cc members will be able to give you more timely news!

Edited by Mystaken

Things that come to my mind.

Specialty restaurants (pricing/menus)

Dinner Option plans

Free vs pay venues (meals & snacks)

Will there be a difference between Quantum and Anthem

Will the Main Dining Room menu be a standard fleet wide one

Dress code

Formal nights

Escargot

Lobster

Great idea Joanna :D

I have a question with regards to the Dining/Food, as two of my family are Lactose Intolerant ( one has Crohns, so Low Fibre diet needed) will the Dining options on Quantum make it easier for them or more difficult for them when it comes to the Main Dining Room and dining in general on Quantum.

I hope some of the new technology involves iPhones or iPads for the waiters. Seems like if they could place orders immediately they would be more capable of tweaking dishes as well as having it automatically cross check the dishes against what we fill in as food allergies and other issues in our documentation.

I hope some of the new technology involves iPhones or iPads for the waiters. Seems like if they could place orders immediately they would be more capable of tweaking dishes as well as having it automatically cross check the dishes against what we fill in as food allergies and other issues in our documentation.

Haha! I love the more personal touch that involves human interaction!

My question is - assuming they're going with multiple main dining venues, how are they going to keep people from overcrowding one of the venues?

Let's say one of the (three) is by far the best - by night 4, everyone knows and you can't get a table there. Is there going to be a reservation system?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My question is - assuming they're going with multiple main dining venues, how are they going to keep people from overcrowding one of the venues?

Let's say one of the (three) is by far the best - by night 4, everyone knows and you can't get a table there. Is there going to be a reservation system?

My guess is rotational. You won't have a choice. Like Disney does it.

My guess is rotational. You won't have a choice. Like Disney does it.

For Disney, rotational makes sense - especially since you'd be staying with your same waitstaff.

But with My Time Dining, something RCCL is invested in, rotational doesn't make the most sense. You'll probably get the choice to do rotational with one wait staff at an early or late seating or do MTD and make reservations.

If it's an "innovative" announcement, I don't think they'll just say "and now, Quantum of the Seas, will offer a first on the high seas for dining, rotational themed main dining venues... You know, just like Disney!"

The whole point would be to add options, not lock everyone into a rotation with no choice.

If it's an "innovative" announcement, I don't think they'll just say "and now, Quantum of the Seas, will offer a first on the high seas for dining, rotational themed main dining venues... You know, just like Disney!"

I agree with that statement. It's not RCI's style to just follow what other lines do, especially if they're going to the trouble of holding such a grand dedicated announcement for their dining program. I'd be surprised if it was an exact replication of the Disney system.

I agree with that statement. It's not RCI's style to just follow what other lines do, especially if they're going to the trouble of holding such a grand dedicated announcement for their dining program. I'd be surprised if it was an exact replication of the Disney system.

Just like Disney? Not likely. They'll put a flare on it just like they did with the virtual balconies. (A disney idea again, just on a bigger scale)

Rotational wouldn't affect MTD at all. Even if your on a rotational schedule, you don't need the same wait staff. All MTD does is you choose the time you eat.

Instead of having MTD for a MDR, you'll have a MTD time for whatever rotational venue your scheduled for.

Who knows what they are doing. We'll know in 2 days.

Edited by hitaway4

Just like Disney? Not likely. They'll put a flare on it just like they did with the virtual balconies. (A disney idea again, just on a bigger scale)

Rotational wouldn't affect MTD at all. Even if your on a rotational schedule, you don't need the same wait staff. All MTD does is you choose the time you eat.

Instead of having MTD for a MDR, you'll have a MTD time for whatever rotational venue your scheduled for.

You are still limiting options though. And a virtual porthole is not equivalent to a virtual balcony - on scale or purpose.

I agree, rotational is a possibility, but it would be the wrong way for them to go. RCCL has always been - eat anywhere, we don't care, the MDR is always there if you want it.

Switching to something that says, "oh, you enjoyed your first dinner in dining room #1? Well, you can't go back there until night #4" is a step backwards. Most definitely not a step forwards for the industry - And sure as heck not worth a big announcement for.

Rotational Dining rooms just doesn't strike me as a WOW factor in dining. I agree with those that believe that the WOW is in providing new options of free and pay venues..

When we board ship one of the first things we do is check out the MDR and find the location of table where we will be dining every evening. This is an option I enjoy and appreciate. This is a tradition shared by many others.