Enchantment of the Seas- Just returned!

Hi- Here is a mini-review of our Enchantment of the Seas 4 day cruise from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas- March 17-21.

My sister and I, my daughter, and a friend cruised in two staterooms on the lovely Enchantment of the Seas this past week. We had a fine time.

Pre-Cruise- My sister and I stayed 2 nights at the Coronado Springs Resort at Disney World and spent a day exploring Animal Kingdom.

We then took a shuttle to the Radisson Resort at the Port (Canaveral), stayed a night, took the hotel shuttle to the Enchantment, and boarded at about noon. Met my daughter on the ship.

Cabins- Deck 3- Got to our cabins which are somewhat small compared to some Oceanview staterooms on other lines, but found the cabin very comfortable with plenty of drawer space. The green decor was refreshing. We appreciated the small sofa and small wooden table, as well as the general arrangement of the cabin. The only drawback was the small counter space in the bathroom.

Ship- The ship was clean and lovely- with interesting artistic touches

as most cruise ships have. The outstanding feature was the adults only Solarium with its Park Cafe. Relaxing pool area with plenty of chairs and tables when we were there. The blue and white color scheme adds to the atmosphere of relaxation.

Dining- The four of us had varied meals, of course, and I did not hear a complaint. Our waiter, Edwin, was a true gentleman and a delight. We did have Anytime Dining, yet were seated with Edwin each night and it worked well. I will cover the specific meals in my long review which I will post in the review section soon.

The Windjammer was fine, the Park Cafe very fine, and My Fair Lady dining -excellent in our opinion.

Ports- Were not able to go to CocoCay due to high winds. Did dock in Nassau early and spent the night giving us a day and a half there.

This was our fourth time in Nassau- we like it and have always found good excursions. We go away from the pier. This year's excursion was exceptional and memorable in that my sister and I did the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon. My daughter did the Dolphin swim. ( Our friend explored Nassau on foot.) Blue Lagoon has become a favorite place now- it is clean, comfortable, and fun. The dolphins are so humorous.

Other things we did in Nassau: Took a cab to the Sheraton/Melia at Cable Beach. My daughter and our friend went to the Graycliff Hotel to see the chocolates and cigar making. They also walked to Nassau's other historic buildings.

Entertainment- Wow! There were so many venues to choose from. My daughter and I especially enjoyed the reggae pool band. I listened to the Trio in the Centrum each evening. Also listened to the piano player in the Schooner Bar. My sister and I went to the 2 high school Show Choir performances in the Orpheum Theater. Very good performances by students from West Virginia and Iowa. We also went to Karaoke one night.

Wow! So much to do.

Total Rating- We gave this cruise a 9+ out of 10. We booked the Brilliance from Tampa for next March-when my sister and I leave Maine for the warmth of Florida, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

Edited by cruiseapril

Thanks for your review. I have only sailed on RC once before, several years ago. Most of my cruises as of lately have been on Carnival and Norwegian. Will be on this ship next month over Memorial Day weekend and have been anxiously reviewing posts. Glad you had a good trip.

Glad to hear you had a good cruise! We (8 in total) are cruising on the Enchantment in October and are really looking forward to it :-)

Anxiously waiting for your longer review.

Traci

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So glad you had a great time. We agree - my 20 y.o. daughter and I have been on Enchantment twice in 6 months. We think the music is really top notch - even my daughter loved the trio in the Centrum.

Only complaint: not enough time to do everything you'd like to do. They certainly leave you wanting more. :D

We have been to Nassau several times but have not tried Blue Lagoon. We are now adding it to our list of must-dos.