B&B's vs Boutique Hotels

We'll be spending 3 -4 days in Vancouver prior to the Island Princess repo cruise Sept '06 and have been trying to decide on a nice (smaller) place to stay: we're looking at places like Robson Suites, Time Square Suites and O Canada House.

Anyone with experience with these or other suggestions?

Thanks!

KTE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine stayed at O Canada Place and thought it was overrated, but I don't recall any specifics.

After a cruise on the Star Princess several years ago, we stayed at the Pennyfarthing Inn, which is a bit out of the way in the Kitsilano district, near the University of British Columbia. It was about a 20 minute cab ride from Canada Place. They have a website that you can check out, www.pennyfarthinginn.com, It's a charming place - a touch shabby, which IMHO adds to its charm. The room on the top floor is the best - it takes up the entire floor, has a separate sitting area and a really comfortable bed. The breakfasts were positively decadent.

The Inn is within walking distance of a Safeway market and many excellent restaurants. There are several house cats (not allowed in the guest rooms to keep the allergens down) and, last I looked on the website, a house dog.

If we didn't have a bunch of Starpoints to use on free hotel stays, we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Archived