Has anyone seen the Crab Shack on the Golden in 2014?

plattwear

My mom and I will be sailing on the Golden Princess on May 3rd. Has anyone seen the Crab Shack on the Golden Princess in 2014? We would really like to eat there if they are offering this option on our upcoming cruise. Also, if so do you know if we can use our free "paid dining" credit from the 3 for 1 promotion to go to the Crab Shack? I know that Princess books that paid dining night for us at their choice but, did not know if they might let us switch it.

Thank you for your assistance. :D

We sailed around Cape Horn on the Golden end Jan - Feb 2014. The Crab Shack was offered every evening. Absolutely fantastic menu. Not that well attended as it was just introduced that cruise I am sure it is more popular by now. Not sure if you can switch the dining credit. Well worth the $20 fee.:D

We sailed around Cape Horn on the Golden end Jan - Feb 2014. The Crab Shack was offered every evening. Absolutely fantastic menu. Not that well attended as it was just introduced that cruise I am sure it is more popular by now. Not sure if you can switch the dining credit. Well worth the $20 fee.:D

Oh Thank you Anniesails, do you remember if they offered King Crab Legs?

I am so excited :-) I don't mind paying the $20 for King Crab legs for sure. :D

I am sure you will enjoy the menu. No King Crab Legs but from memory the menu is as follows: Appetizers are the same for everyone, Popcorn Shrimp and Manhattan Clam Chowder (unbelievably delicious), then your choise of Entrees. I had the Mixed Pot which included a healthy selection of clams, Snow Crab legs, shrimp and mussels along with seasoned corn and potatoes. All of the food was super fresh and luscious. I too am a huge King Crab Leg fan but will admit the Snow Crab legs were great !!! Enjoy:)

• 1 month later...

On our trip this April it was not offered every nite...it was not well attended. We went once and probably won't do it again.

We did enjoy the balcony dinner, however, and the Crown Grill(we both had the lamb chops).

On the Golden in March from Buenos Aires to LA it was offered on maybe about 25% of the nights. We never attended it in the Horizon Court area & for an additional $5/pp we preferred the Crown Grill. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer