Seabourn vs. SeaDream vs. Windstar?

markg

Taking the BF on a cruise for his 30th B'day - first week of July or so. All of the above have Med cruises, all withen a few hundred $'s of each other...any experience or thoughts on which line is best? Most fun? Gay friendly?Also - anyone ever take a Coda cruise on the "Panorama"?

Thanks for any info!

In that price range all will be gaytolerant of gay friendly.

Seabourn....the most dressy and most formal out of the three

SeaDream...casual

WindStar...casual

SeaDream could have large groups on board (partial ship charters are common.

If you have the money...I'd shoot for Seabourn.

By the way what a nice idea to celebrate his birthday...have a great time and pos back on what ever you sail on.

Happy B day and bon voyage

• 2 weeks later...

I have not sailed on Windstar but I have had the luck to sail on Seabourn and Sea Dream. The old Sea Godddess yachts are still pretty swell...no balcony cabins but ingenious double beds on the Sun Deck, which became pretty romantic on starry nights on my cruise. Loved the intimacy, the ambience, the attention to detail. Seabourn is more formal but they do it all just right. The best trained crew at sea, I am sure. They almost read your mind. On both ships you will be visible as a gay couple. No worries. These ships attract savvy folks, many of whom regaled us with the stories of their "gay comrades" back home.

Given your "youthful" ages, I would recommend Windstar. My partner and I (back in OUR early 30s) went on a western Med cruise on Wind Star and had a great time. There four four gay male couples in addition to us, and we became pretty good friends with two of them. As others have noted, all these lines' passengers are fairly sophisticated. However, Windstar's age demographic is quite a bit younger--I think the emphasis on sports activities and also the non-handicapped-friendly vessels contribute to a lot of passengers in their 30s and 40s. Although I've not sailed on Seaborn, I've watched passengers disembark from a couple of Seaborn ships and they struck me as a much older crowd.

Archived