How do you find your room assignment?

ness

I booked with a TA and have not received any information from her other than I will received my docs 2-4 weeks before we sail. Is there anyway to find my room assignment? Will my TA know?:confused:

Ness- welcome to the boards. There is a lot of information on this board on how to find an assigned cabin.

When is your cruise? and on what ship.

Please know that if your sailing is not within the next 50 days you wont know. Sometimes you might not know until you are getting ready to sail.

Did you just book the cruise? The reason I ask-- if you booked the cruise after final paymentt is due-- you may not be assigned until you get to the pier.

here is the forum on how to check- if you cut to page 49 and search for post #1000 it gives a detailed instuction.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=96045

One thing I have noticed when trying all the different ways to find your room assignment, "fun pass way" or "modify booking way" that is mentioned in the link above is that the modify/booking way quits working after about 6:00pm, then you start getting the error message. I can check the modify/book link and it works up until that time then its like CCL shuts it off. Then I check with the fun pass way. Of course still no room assignment yet for me. Thought this might help those who sit there for countless hours (like me) trying to get into the modify/booking link on CCL's web site.

It doesn't matter what time I try the "modify" way, I always get the error msg. I still show a guarantee also. I know some have gotten room assignments before final payment is actually due, are you guys just lucky or did you make your final payment early so you were given a room assignment?

Thanks so much for your help but its not working for me. I booked in April and made final payment last month. I am registered at www.carnival.com but it's not showing my reservation. It says I need my booking number. :confused:

Your TA should be able to give you your booking number. If nothing else, they can call Carnival to get it. We had ours immediately after booking, even almost a year out, so it's out there. And welcome to Cruise Critic!:D

Thanks so much for your help but its not working for me. I booked in April and made final payment last month. I am registered at www.carnival.com but it's not showing my reservation. It says I need my booking number. :confused:

Call or email your TA and tell him/her that you want your booking number. I emailed my TA yesterday and within 30 minutes she sent me my booking numbers (2 cabins). I was then able to add them to the carnival site.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Laura

I know I have only been on two previous cruises but we knew our room number right after we booked, it was on the receipt from our TA. Your TA should tell you.

People who book guarantee cabins willnot get cabin asignements until almost sailing date, Booking guarantee is sometimes cheaper then booking a set cabin. Booking a gaurantee will give you a chance of being upgraded. I booked my first 4 cruises as guarantee and never once was I upgraded. Now I, too pick my cabin.

When you booked your cruise the agent should have given you an individual booking number. Call and get that number.. as soon as you have it- you should be able to register your cruise on carnivals home page

I booked a balcony guarantee for Sept 25th and had a cabin assignment with 63 days to go....got a one category upgrade.....

Doesn't seem that there is a real tried and true firm policy on anything....some people get docs a month early...and some don't get them; some don't find their cabin assignment til they get to the pier and some find out two months early.....

For some of you that got your room assignment 60-80 days out, had you made your final payment already? Curious as to whether that makes a difference or not.

If you book a guarantee and the cabin #is in the modify booking page---then if it gets really close to cruise will they change your cabin to a higher one???

I know this a a dumb question but I never booked a gurantee before and wasnt sure how it worked. I cruise of 9/17 and just booked last week and the cabin # is on the booking page already.

If you book a guarantee and the cabin #is in the modify booking page---then if it gets really close to cruise will they change your cabin to a higher one???

I know this a a dumb question but I never booked a gurantee before and wasnt sure how it worked. I cruise of 9/17 and just booked last week and the cabin # is on the booking page already.

sounds to me that your agent booked you in a direct cabin and told you that its a guarantee. Booking modify shows a cabin number--99% chance that is your cabin. go to carnivals web site....clickon gifts.. make believe you are buying something and add it to your cart....put in the booking number and that particular cabin number...

if you see your names-- then that is your cabin.

Archived