Carnival Splendor Spa Deck 11..should I?

Kimnjimnkids

The Splendor is cruising from our home port of Norfolk in 2015 and we are thinking about booking on the spa deck with a balcony for the 6-day Bahamas trip in October. Can anybody give me some feedback or info that would be helpful in making that decision? It includes the special access to the spa and some other perks. Is it worth it?

Royal~FreedomOfTheSeas 2014

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Inspiration 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

We had a spa balcony on the Splendor 1.5 years ago and it was nice. We went to the spa a lot because it was right there but mostly enjoyed the different sauna rooms and the thalasso... therapy pool. I would also use the showers when the rest of the cabin was getting ready since it was so close by.

We were able to get the spa use included for two adults in our cabin of four because we weren't upgraded into it but had actually booked the spa balcony cabin. I remember sailing the 7 day Mexican Riviera in September for about 2k for 4 people. I still think that was a good price.

The decor was different and nice but not out of this world. The different colored towels were also nice but no big deal.

We like the top levels and the front of the ship anyways so we would do it again if the Splendor returned to the West Coast.

We just stayed in room 1102 in October and loved it. It was very convenient to everything. I thought it would be noisy but it was very quiet and amazing. The elevators and stairs right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're booked in 1103 on the Splendor for our January 2015 sailing. We have sailed in Spa cabins on the Splendor (twice), the Magic, and the Dream -- we would not book any other.

We sailing the Dream in a Spa Interior this past October -- I would spring for the balcony -- going back to the interior after two spa balconies in a row was hard :D. You really do get used to the extra space and the light :D

Access to the spa is fantastic...I don't think we'd sail a Carnival ship without a thalasso pool!

We are booking room 1117. We wanted the cabin closest to the doors leading outside!! SO convenient! It's a balcony and honestly I can live without one (it's my husbands luxury item) he LOVES balconies! I will need to let him know there's no awning above it on that deck. It might change his mind. Anyways...do they serve small snacks or refreshments in the Cloud9 area at any time? I was thinking it would be a nice amenity!!

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

On the Dream in the cloud 9 spa there is a relaxation room with fruit infused water and various teas you can make and sit and watch the sea drift by as the entire wall is windows overlooking the ocean. It was very relaxing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The relaxation room on the Splendor is far nicer than on the Dream. They do have refreshments available, help yourself, fruit infused water, lemon, orange and plain. Also an assortment of teas. The relaxation room on the Splendor has daybeds and is right in the front of the ship, beautiful views. On the Dream it was on the starboard side and only had chairs and refreshments.

We are booking room 1117. We wanted the cabin closest to the doors leading outside!! SO convenient! It's a balcony and honestly I can live without one (it's my husbands luxury item) he LOVES balconies! I will need to let him know there's no awning above it on that deck. It might change his mind. Anyways...do they serve small snacks or refreshments in the Cloud9 area at any time? I was thinking it would be a nice amenity!!

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

You could move to deck 10 balcony, which is also considered part of the spa, then you will have some sort of roof (the balconies of deck 11) over you.

Last April we were in Room 1022, an interior room--loved it! We didnt get a balcony as we were not in our room much. We loved, loved loved the thelassotherapy pool. Relaxed in it every morning and every night before bedtime. We spent a lot of time on the heated lounges reading and looking at the beautiful ocean. If you want relaxation, a spa room is the best. As others have suggested, maybe you should move down to the 10th floor.

Last April we were in Room 1022, an interior room--loved it! We didnt get a balcony as we were not in our room much. We loved, loved loved the thelassotherapy pool. Relaxed in it every morning and every night before bedtime. We spent a lot of time on the heated lounges reading and looking at the beautiful ocean. If you want relaxation, a spa room is the best. As others have suggested, maybe you should move down to the 10th floor.

We would switch to 10 if they had doors to the outside pool right there but they don't. It's official though...we booked room 1117!!

So would someone explain this thelassotherapy pool? It seems to be a great hit! What's the buzz all about ? :)

And the tea they offer in the spa..is there hot water ? Or is it ice tea? My favorite thing to drink is hot black tea!! This just keeps getting better and better!!!!

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002