Let's Talk About Spa Treats

I see the spa options mentioned every now and again but mostly we seem to talk about dining, Vibe, and the UBP hereabouts ;)

So DW has decided that she wants to be pampered during our upcoming voyage (like she isn't at home :rolleyes: ) and spa treats have been mentioned.

Now my prior experience of spa activities seemed to involve being sprayed with olive oil and room freshener and having hot rocks dropped on me while I counted out $200 in cash with Shepherd Moons playing softly in the background. So I'm not starting from a good place.

So does anyone have any good recommendations for how to get the most "spa" for the most reasonable "$". Day packages, half day packages, prepay versus buy on board - that kind of thing ?

Edited by Winchester Ranger

Use the port day specials.... you'll get more bang for the buck!

Agreed. And often on the first day or two of the sailing they have a 10-20-30 special. If you book things in advance, you get a percentage off for booking more than one or two (I think it was 10% off the first, 20% off the second, 30% off the third, etc). The Daily also has combination specials with things like a mini facial mixed with a shoulder and neck massage for a lower price. I don't think you can pre-book any treatments before boarding, I've never seen it offered.

Very funny Post there OP.. :D

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Agreed. And often on the first day or two of the sailing they have a 10-20-30 special. If you book things in advance, you get a percentage off for booking more than one or two (I think it was 10% off the first, 20% off the second, 30% off the third, etc). The Daily also has combination specials with things like a mini facial mixed with a shoulder and neck massage for a lower price. I don't think you can pre-book any treatments before boarding, I've never seen it offered.

Very funny Post there OP.. :D

Robin

Is the 10/20/30 special only per person, or per cabin? For instance, could I get a facial, DH get a massage, then I get a massage? Or would all of the services have to be for the same passenger?

Is the 10/20/30 special only per person, or per cabin? For instance, could I get a facial, DH get a massage, then I get a massage? Or would all of the services have to be for the same passenger?

I think you should keep them all for yourself. Hope that helps! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Pretty sure it's per person. Daughter and I each booked a service and they didn't combine.

Robin

having hot rocks dropped on me while I counted out $200 in cash with Shepherd Moons playing softly in the background.

Willing to cast the first stones for only $50. For an extra $10, I won't sing or serenade...

If not a consideration may want to consider a massage ashore either at a beach or a real massage establishment.

Edited by MRBOOKEND

On the first day when you board you can visit the spa and see what different things are offered that you might be interested in. They will have little tables set up for different treatments and be able to explain/demonstrate a little.

At the same time you can fill out an entry for a drawing held later that day (or the next?) Anyway, if it doesn't conflict with something else you need to do, go. I think when we went they were giving away 8 treatments and only about 15 people showed up. Since you have to be present to win, if you're a couple and each enter, not bad odds. You can't make substitutions with the staff, but if there's some other winner who's willing to trade, they're happy to let you. My mom won some service for a man, and traded with a guy who had won a facial.

Ordinarily I don't want to waste vacation time on stuff like that, but in our case it only took a half hour, the odds were very good, and since you're planning on spending money at the spa, you might as well try to get something for nothing.