Has anyone actually cruised using the online check in?

I just completed my online check in form and was wondering if it will really speed things up at the pier that much. Has anyone gone through LA with the new system? Was it that much faster?

Thanks,

Amy

I've used the online check-in in Los Angeles for Carnival Cruises. It was EXTREMELY fast and we didn't spend time having to provide them with information, or for the check-in staff needing to type in our information provided as if we handwrote the forms...

Now I do that for every cruise!

I just completed my online check in form and was wondering if it will really speed things up at the pier that much. Has anyone gone through LA with the new system? Was it that much faster?

Thanks,

Amy

Yes I used it on the AOS 7/17. There was no line for online check in however there was a LONG line for those who did not check in online.

Yes, Much of the simple stuff can be done online and you dont have to stand there and stare at the people moving along as you answer relly simple questions. We have used it on all of our cruises and I think it was one of there better Ideas. I f you want ti use another credit card for your ship board account , you can change it at the counter.

Great question, OP! I'm curious also. It just went online last week for Grandeur, so I suspect not many sailing next week will have taken advantage of the opportunity. I have my bar coded paper ready to go. I hope you get a lot of responses from those who have used the Set Sail Barcoded pass and they report they literally just "walked onto the ship with no lines or counter at all!" :)

Got my bar code paper all ready to go for my September 3 cruise. Hoping this speeds things up, although only waited about 20 minutes on my last cruise. Can't start a vacation a minute too early so whatever gets me on the ship the quickest works for me.

montekat - I was able to complete the online check in for my Nov 11 Grandeur cruise. I thought I read somewhere on the boards that they are only doing this for some of the ships.

Wonder if the online check in line will be faster than the priority boarding line for Platinum and above C & A members?

We used the online check-in for a Celebrity cruise, and it worked out great. My only concern was the security for it. Don't know if RCCL is the same, but they ask for your reservation #, ship, name and cruise date - but don't give you an opportunity to create a password.

Given this (the fact that I cannot create a password) - it's not out of the realm of possibility for someone else to crack this with the required information. If they can get in, there is a wealth of info they can gather that could lead to identity theft.

Does RCCL let you create a password?

I filled out my online docs for my Mar. 17, 2006 cruise on Brilliance. Got as far as the SetSailPass section and it hasn't given me a complete yet info??? Will it come eventually??? I thought I did something wrong, but it looks complete??? Maybe it is just too early for them to give me a bar code yet???

Thanks for your help,

judi

It is on Navigator only now (and Celebrity Zenith). For more info you can check Yahoo Finance--headlines--July 21.
I did it last week for Grandeur. It wasn't available one day, then the next....bang! There it was. I love to check in for flights from home before I leave. Now I can for cruises also. :D

Actually, I was really surprised yesterday. I had read that RCCL was only doing a couple of ships, and the Jewel was not on the list. However, I was checking my reservation on RCCL.com yesterday for my Sept. 12th Jewel of the Seas cruise out of Boston when the on-line check-in screen popped up. I filled everything out, and printed out my SetSail Pass. It's great!:D

It appears that RCCL is rolling this out ahead of schedule. Guess it's working out better than they expected.

LarryF

The barcode printing option will not be available to you until you have made your final payment. I think I read somewhere that all ships were available for this option effective July 20 for sailings after Sept 1 if they weren't part of the original "test" group of ships.

We have a group of us cruising on the Monarch at the end of August. My RE partner completeted his forms and was able to print out his "Set Sail Pass". I know that I can't print mine as my TA just sent the final payment to RCCL. It appears that almost every ship is now using this system. If you are not able to use the "print" on your screen, check to make sure that you are paid in full and RCCL will acknowledge it. I found out that because we use a TA, RCCL is very reluctant to acknowledge whether they have received payment in full.

Very interesting................:rolleyes:

Rick

Archived