Camp Carnival sign up?

SFplusP

How do you sign up for Camp Carnival? I know there is paperwork, can anyone tell me what it entails? Do they already have things like their birthdays for the age groups?

I have not been on Carnival, but if it's similar to RCI they will have registration and/or open house on the first day. You would bring your children up, register them, let the camp know who is authorized to pick up/drop off kids, etc. The open house gives you a chance to see the facilities and allows your kids to meet other kids. And they do have the kids ages, as you need to provide this information as part of the online registration for your cruise. Hope this helps, and if I missed anything, hopefully someone will come along shortly to provide more details.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

For Carnival you can sign up online or onboard.

When embarking there should be Club counselors with info for signing up and when/where that night's meeting will take place.

If your child has allergies there will be a form to fill out.

Yeah you can register them online or just do it the first day. The first day you get on the ship there is a meeting where they outline everything about the program (hours, activities, etc.). You will sign your kids up then and thats where they will give you a phone if you have younger kids. Ours was at 5pm both times and in a big lounge. Then later there was a welcome family party in the disco (maybe around 7:30-8??) where they played games and music. My kids really enjoyed that. After that was over we were invited to go view the camp carnival room and ask any questions we had.

I printed the forms and filled them out prior to the cruise. I went to the registration/meet the staff meeting on embarkation day and handed in the forms. If you have a child in the 2-5 age group you can get a phone there so you have it when you drop him or her off first time.

There should be info in the first day's newsletter about where and when to go for the orientation. Take your kid(s) with as well as any parent/guardian who will be signing the child in and out. It's been a while (2002) since we've been on Carnival, but I remember then that the adult who signed the child in for that session, must be the one who shows up at the door to sign the kid out. I'm guessing that was to cut down on miscommunication between the parents.

You'll get a day-by-day listing of activities for the kids' program and be told how to sign up for any kid-sitting (post 10-pm or port day) and any other special activities (on our Carnival and Princess cruises, there's always a kids' dinner in the buffet, where one night you can drop off your kid for their "private dinner." After they eat, the staff will take your kids to the kids' area for the evening activities.

You should also go on the Carnival site and read up on the FAQs about your cruise as many questions you'll have will be answered there.

The above info is not true anymore. The same person does not need to drop off & pick up. I usually dropped off and my husband would pick up. Also she's right about the dinner in the buffet. It was every night on our cruise though :) Never tried it but saw the kids up there in a sectioned off spot :)