Never Saw The Need For FTTF - Why Bother?

Thebosn1

I've never done self debark but they are called first. After that, zone 1 is called. When I was FTTF, we had zone 1 tags. We went down to the exit, walked right off the ship and into the baggage claim as our luggage was coming out. There was a very short, quick line through customs and done. I have never debarked that fast.

Awesome, thank you for the info. Think I'll just self debark to get off first.

Question on whether this would be worth it to me on the next cruise or not: We have an early flight out and would like to get off the ship as early as possible. Anybody know how much quicker FTTF would get you off the ship versus doing the self debark and taking your luggage by yourself? Or does it save any time at all? Thanks!

You can also go to guest services with your flight itinerary and they will give you a low zone number for debark.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Good morning Kathy. Odd that it is saying it is too early for you to view the documents, especially since I just did with mine.

What I did:

1. logged into my account on Carnival.com

2. selected "Manage, then My Booking" which brings up the page of my active bookings.

3. selected the "repo" booking

4. selected "view cruise documents"

5. checked the "print general information" and pressed the SUBMIT button.

This will display your cruise documents as a PDF which you can scroll through.

Steve

Funny - it works that way. (Still doesn't tell me how many points I have, but it makes me feel good seeing the cost of the cruise, since our cabin now sells for $400 per person more!!)

Thanks for helping me with this complicated computer stuff. See you next year.:)

Kathy

Kathy,

Glad it worked for you. I've been doing computer user help for years and also with the family. Giving them the explicit steps always works. I know it doesn't show you the number of days. Try this:

1. Log into the Carnival website

2. Go to "Manage, then VIFP Club" which brings up the page of your benefits. Alternatively, you can go to this website once you log in:

https://secure.carnival.com/BookedGuest/guestmanagement/mybenefits

The displayed page will show you how many "current" days you have sailing with Carnival.

Steve

I have never experienced a really long delay in boarding or been denied access to my cabin so long that I have seen the need to pay for FTTF. It seems like everyone is shelling out the money for it but is it really needed?

I'm only gold so no priority boarding or anything, and yet I have never taken very long to board, and I have never been kept out of my cabin for more than an hour or so.

I'm just wondering, has anyone gone without FTTF and experienced a long delay, and then found it to be a huge difference when they paid for it?

I feel the same way about balconies. I'm rarely in the cabin and I don't like to just "sit". So why shell out the money for them? Is it really needed? Don't even get me started on the money wasted on suites! :rolleyes:

Awesome, thank you for the info. Think I'll just self debark to get off first.

Sorry, for the the last post. Hit post too quickly.

You don't always get zone 1 with FTTF. It depends on how many platinum and excursions, etc are ahead of you. First FTTF, we were zone 1, second time we were zone 5! I was worried about missing our flight since we had to drive to Orlando and thought about self assist bc guest services did not want to give me zone 1. But we decided against it. Then we were late disembarking. But still ended up making it in plenty of time. :)

Just wanted to let you know you don't always get zone 1.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app