One point from Platinum - what can I expect?

petesweet

I just realized that with one more point, I will be Platinum, and I have a reservation on the Pride's 14-night cruise. Will anything happen on that cruise to honor the Platinum status? or will that just take effect on a following cruise? (I don't even know what the Platinum status brings, so you can see I am not "following points.")

If the former, do I need to do anything while on the Pride?

I am more familiar with the policies of Royal Caribbean, and there, nothing would take effect until the NEXT cruise. Is it the same on Carnival?

Thanks.

Kathy

I just realized that with one more point, I will be Platinum, and I have a reservation on the Pride's 14-night cruise. Will anything happen on that cruise to honor the Platinum status? or will that just take effect on a following cruise? (I don't even know what the Platinum status brings, so you can see I am not "following points.")

I am more familiar with the policies of Royal Caribbean, and there, nothing would take effect until the NEXT cruise. Is it the same on Carnival?

Thanks.

Kathy

no they will give it to you while on the pride

Yes, when you print your boarding pass, it should say Platinum. Make sure you use your priority boarding, which I feel is the best perk. Of course, it meant a LOT more before the selling of FTTF. It's still nice not to stand in long lines.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise. I'd be glad to answer any other questions you might have.

You will be Platinum on the Pride, congrats! Your boarding docs/luggage tags will say it. You will get VIP priority check-in, your room will be ready to drop off luggage, you will get a gift, a tray of canapés and priority debarkation. You also get priority on tenders if any during the cruise, a priority line at guest services and 2 free bags of laundry. Probably forgetting something, but that's most of it. Enjoy!

Thanks.

Kathy

You will be Platinum when boarding.:D;)

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Thanks.

Kathy

Another good perk is getting your luggage right after you board. Make sure to remind the porters that you are Platinum so they can tag your luggage for Priority and Faster To the Fun.

Wonderful news, and I thank everyone for your replies. It is the wash and fold benefit that really excited me on this upcoming 12-night cruise.:)

Now, one more question I need help with. I searched and searched the Carnival website but really cannot find the answer. Somewhere it was indicated that I was one point short of Platinum, but now I can't find that. Where does one find her status?

Thanks.

Kathy

I am travelling with my mom who just became platinum and my daughter - we are sharing a room. Will all 3 of us be able to use the priority boarding or just my mom?

The priority boarding will apply to everyone booked in the one cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am travelling with my mom who just became platinum and my daughter - we are sharing a room. Will all 3 of us be able to use the priority boarding or just my mom?

Yes, everyone in the same cabin as a Platinum cruiser gets to check in via the VIP line and also have priority debarkation. A Platinum guest can also take up to 5 people with them when using priority tendering.

Be sure and do the "all in one" boarding pass and online checkin. That way their names will be on the boarding pass that shows "Priority" and if they were to get separated from you they will have a boarding pass with their name on it that allows them access back into the VIP seating area.