Non-cruise question for the seasoned travelers with young kids...

RSLeesburg

My wife is leaning towards on non-cruise, land-based trip for 2015, and has already spotted a family tour-guided trip to Costa Rico. What I was wondering was, 1) has anyone taken one of these family tours, and if so, can you recommend a good company (I think Trafalgar was running the one she was looking at), and 2) are there any sites similar to CC that have similar family forums on this type of thing? The tour sites offer such little information about so many things. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We took an Adventures by Disney trip to China. They also have a trip to Costa Rica. They have an excellent reputation as does Tauck Bridges. I have heard of Trafalgar, but don't know much about them. Other forums that you could gather info from are trip advisor and disboards. Disboards has an Adventures by Disney sub forum that also discusses other guided tour companies.

We took an Adventures by Disney trip to China. They also have a trip to Costa Rica. They have an excellent reputation as does Tauck Bridges. I have heard of Trafalgar, but don't know much about them. Other forums that you could gather info from are trip advisor and disboards. Disboards has an Adventures by Disney sub forum that also discusses other guided tour companies.

Thanks. How old were your kids when you went? It looks like most of them recommend that kids be 8 or older.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Family Vacation Critic.

It's a site similar to this-owned and run by the same company. Not sure the message boards are as active, but there is wonderful information, reviews and articles about all things family vacation.