Comparing HAL Neptune Suites to Celebrity Suites

My wife, father-in-law, and myself are all avid cruises. My father in law is 80+ while my wife and I are in our late 40s. We have done 4 cruises on HAL and two on Celebrity and love both lines.

Our last cruise was 7 days on the MS Eurodamn in the Caribbean in a Neptune Suite and we were blown away. We usually go with Verandas on HAL and Concierge Class on Celebrity. We have two upcoming cruises on Celebrity (Holiday and next March) and now are wondering about either switching one of the cruises to HAL in Neptune or better yet to maybe upgrade to a suite on Celebrity.

What we liked about the Neptune suite:

My father could smoke on our veranda.

Access to the Neptune lounge for snacks.

Priority embarkation and disembarkation.

Bigger room.

I think we can get the last three on Celebrity.

Would anyone like to comment on Sky and Celebrity Suites on Celebrity lines, in particular in relation to Neptune Suites on HAL?

Thanks!

We've done both. If smoking on the verandah is important to your FIL, stick with HAL - it's not allowed on X. The Celebrity Suites have a separate bedroom, the Neptune and Sky Suites do not. The Neptune Lounge is nice but you might want to read up on the new suite perks that X is implementing and see if they sway you.

A major difference is that you will get a butler if you book a suite on Celebrity, which you don't get if you book a suite on HAL.

On a HAL cruise, your father had to go to the Neptune lounge to get his snacks.

On a Celebrity cruise, the butler will bring the snacks to him.

Suite passengers also get priority embarkation and disembarkation on Celebrity.

But as previously stated, if smoking on the veranda is important to him, then Celebrity is not the cruise line for him.

Edited by fleckle

IMHO, they are each different in their own ways but are our two favorite cruise lines. We have sailed in HA Penthouse and Neptune Suites and loved them. Then we sailed Celebrity in a Celebrity suite on Constellation. It has no balcony but beautiful ceiling to floor windows and the room curves out over the side of the ship. Then we sailed in a Royal Suite and loved it. Size wise, the RS compares to the Neptune suites except in one interesting way. The 3 Celebrity top suites (CS, RS, OS) on many ships have a separate bedroom. They also have real dining tables which is not in the Neptune suites. So when the Butler beings a meal, DW does not have to get up, get dressed or go to the bathroom area. We love the butlers in Celebrity but also love the Neptune room and the great benefits there. The difference is you have to get your own snacks on HA but the butler brings it to you on Celebrity. We are sailing Celebrity Infinity in 6 weeks and have been upgraded to a Penthouse from a Royal. The PS has 1400+ square feet in the room and over 1000 square feet on the balcony. It is way larger than we need but it was free. We sail this fall on HA in a Neptune and are really excited about the room. I will say in all honestly we like the Neptune suite better than Penthouse Suite in the smaller ships (Maasdam, Veendam, etc).

So, really a matter of taste. IMHO, either should be a great experience. Enjoy!!

IMHO, they are each different in their own ways but are our two favorite cruise lines. We have sailed in HA Penthouse and Neptune Suites and loved them. Then we sailed Celebrity in a Celebrity suite on Constellation. It has no balcony but beautiful ceiling to floor windows and the room curves out over the side of the ship. Then we sailed in a Royal Suite and loved it. Size wise, the RS compares to the Neptune suites except in one interesting way. The 3 Celebrity top suites (CS, RS, OS) on many ships have a separate bedroom. They also have real dining tables which is not in the Neptune suites. So when the Butler beings a meal, DW does not have to get up, get dressed or go to the bathroom area. We love the butlers in Celebrity but also love the Neptune room and the great benefits there. The difference is you have to get your own snacks on HA but the butler brings it to you on Celebrity. We are sailing Celebrity Infinity in 6 weeks and have been upgraded to a Penthouse from a Royal. The PS has 1400+ square feet in the room and over 1000 square feet on the balcony. It is way larger than we need but it was free. We sail this fall on HA in a Neptune and are really excited about the room. I will say in all honestly we like the Neptune suite better than Penthouse Suite in the smaller ships (Maasdam, Veendam, etc).

So, really a matter of taste. IMHO, either should be a great experience. Enjoy!!

Just one small correction -- the Celebrity Suites now ALL have balconies, they were added during the drydocks of the "M" class over the last few years.