Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda

mnjcruiser

I originally booked the Breakaway for September 28, however I want to change my dates to May 25. I figure the weather will be nicer in May and less chance of a hurricane.

I have cancelled the September vacation and was planning on booking May very soon. I was thinking, since I am flexible with my dates would I be better off too wait and see if the prices go down or is there a chance they will go up?

Historically when do you get the best prices?

Thanks!

A lot of the May 25 rates dropped this week (after final payment of course), I know as I am on that sailing! ;)

May will be cooler and depending on what you like, water may still be too cold for swimming. Bermuda weather/water is similar to the Carolinas that time of year. I went first of June once and even then it was too cold for me. But again, depends on where you're from and what you're used to.

debbie

we have been twice in September - once we were close to a Hurricane. The weather was great then and the water was fantastic.

The pricing is a coin toss. Many Breakaway sailings have had prices drop recently. My Gem cruise in 10 days kept going up.

I have been to Bermuda in April (way too cool), May (just right), July (way to HOT and muggy) and October (beautiful), the water was refreshing! Good luck with the month you pick and happy sailing!:) The "Breakaway" was wonderful by the way!

We cruise to Bermuda almost every year - twice last year. Late June is high season, and most expensive. By late June, the water is pretty nice. Earlier than that I find the water too cold. We prefer mid to late September. Haven't hit a hurricane or rainy week yet. Hurricanes have rarely hit Bermuda. mid to late October seems to be rainy season.

No disrespect to the families intended, but I also find cruises in June to have an overwhelming number of young children with a great deal of pent up energy since they just got out of school. We much prefer the quieter time in September when the kiddies are back in school. :-) Nothing against kids, we have 3 of them. But they are grown now, and we did that, and now we want to relax in a calm quiet atmosphere.....

Terry

Yes, the pool will be open.

I've been to Bermuda on a land vacation many years ago, I can't remember what month.

Going back on Breakaway this summer.

I hope it's hot by then, because I'm sick of freezing my butt off in this winter that will not end.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Okay, I am going to stop over thinking this and make a decision. Just booked the May 25th sailing. Dates work better with my work schedule and I honestly don't think I can wait until September, too excited about cruising Norwegian. I'm from Ontario, Canada and we've had one of the coldest and longest winters in 35 years. Anything has to be better than the winter we've had.

I'm really looking forward to the Freestyle Cruising and not worrying about packing suits and formal dresses.