Carnival Victory Cruise cancelled Nov 6th?

bigfig63

My coworker, who has booked the Nov. 6th cruise on the Victory out of Miami this year, received notice that their cruise is being cancelled due to the ship being chartered for that week. They booked 10 cabins and already paid airfare Detroit to Miami.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? They are being offered to rebook out of Tampa but the non refundable airfare was purchased already.

They were offered a $25 per room credit.

Usually not a big deal but to change airfare is going to cost much more then $25. Anyone heard similar or had similar experience?

Me too! We were booked for our WEDDING cruise and while we aren't technically cancelled, we can not book the remaining cabins we need to.

And that $25 OBC is kind of a lousy peace offering in my opinion.

They aren't really doing anything to help anyone out with this besides a lousy I'm sorry here's $25 in OBC.

This happened to me back in 2011 when our Victory Cruise ended up being the Kiss Cruise. Carnival offered to pay the fee for the cancellation charge from the airlines if we had to switch weeks. We couldn't change weeks so switched to another ship and one less day so Carnival ended up paying us for our hotel rooms for the extra night instead.

We were also put into a Jr. Suite at no additional charge since it was the only balcony rooms available on the Imagination since we had balconies booked on the Victory.

Me too! We were booked for our WEDDING cruise and while we aren't technically cancelled, we can not book the remaining cabins we need to.

And that $25 OBC is kind of a lousy peace offering in my opinion.

They aren't really doing anything to help anyone out with this besides a lousy I'm sorry here's $25 in OBC.

I'm sure it's disappointing, but the cancelled cruise is 7 months away. Not like it was only a month or two away. Not sure what you mean by "not technically cancelled"