Wedding pictures

jusilva

Anyone had an experience with wedding pictures at Carnival? Are they expensive? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am getting married on the Sensation in January, 2015. I have a pricing list.

I'll try to attach it here. They are reasonable as far as wedding photography goes.

713758083_8.PhotoPriceList-Weddingscrop.jpg.002a3ff2a594e71e15b231e10976c613.jpg

Edited by mrstriceasnice
attachment

I was married on the Carnival Dream in 2011. The cost of the pictures and packages was the only thing that 3 years later I'm not happy about.

Below is a link to my full review of the details of my wedding and what we encountered with the picture experience.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1412134

Speaking as a wedding photographer I would tell you to hire a photographer whose style speaks to you and bring them on the cruise with you. I'm willing to bet you would get a good (even better) deal than with carnival AND the photos will most likely be much better. No offence to carnival photogs but they are super traditional and some are stuck in the early 2000's. My wife & I travel the world photographing destination weddings for our couples and the bond we build with our couples lasts!

Speaking as a wedding photographer I would tell you to hire a photographer whose style speaks to you and bring them on the cruise with you. I'm willing to bet you would get a good (even better) deal than with carnival AND the photos will most likely be much better. No offence to carnival photogs but they are super traditional and some are stuck in the early 2000's. My wife & I travel the world photographing destination weddings for our couples and the bond we build with our couples lasts!

That's a great idea and all (we considered it), but it's actually written into Carnival's contracts that you have to use their photographer. Some ships are more lenient about this than others (the Magic is, the Pride is not), but considering it's a breach of contract and they can cancel your wedding on the spot with no refund, it was worth it to us to follow the rules.

OP, we loved working with our photographer and if you're married on a ship with Dreams Photography (Sprit class, Dream class, and one other), then you'll get an experienced, professional photographer who does this professionally when they're not on the ship (a'la Mr. Radu and Karel Pancochar). We love our pictures and the value was amazing compared to the American based photographers we spoke to. We spent $750 for our package (included canvas and disc)--a comparable package with a photographer from home (Baltimore/Philadelphia metro area) would easily have been $3000 plus add-ons and cruise fare.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I spoke to Carnival today, ad that is true, can't have any professional photographers. And they told me the prices....it is right around there 750 for cd. My question is...do they take good shots? I wish I could see some wedding photos taking by them. I am traveling from Tampa in Carnival Legend!

I got married on a Carnival ship in 2011. We absolutely loved the photos that were taken during our wedding. I think it's important to talk to the photographer before he gets started for the day. Tell him what you are looking for, what type of photos, if there are certain poses you'd want, all that. We did and they came out in a style we were happy with.

We photographed a wedding that actually took place on one of the islands (via a carnival cruise) and the backdrop of the amazing beach/water was 10x nicer than the alternative of actually getting married on the ship (from a photographic perspective). We also took photos on the ship and everyone was super cool about it - we were just the "friends taking photos".

I got married on the Glory in 2011. I loved the fact that we were looking at hundreds of our pictures within 24 hours of our wedding. The photographer gave us a price list that was very expensive. I had told my husband about the $1600 coffee table photo book that he would have for us. We both laughed about how ridiculous that would be to purchase. After looking through the book we both decided it was so beautiful that we wanted it. The photographers will work with you. Each day we would meet with him and tell him that the prices were too high. We actually sat and looked through each picture to eliminate the ones that we really didn't want and to see what was left. I also had my family members that were cruising with us come look at the pictures to see if they wanted to purchase any. In the end we got a very fair price, when I went to pick everything up on the last night, he had thrown in a bunch of extras and sold me the CD with ALL the pics for a very great deal. Three years later, we love our pics and I have no regrets. My suggestion is to wait each day and you will get a better deal. Also, the Carnival photographer was fantastic.

I spoke to Carnival today, ad that is true, can't have any professional photographers. And they told me the prices....it is right around there 750 for cd. My question is...do they take good shots? I wish I could see some wedding photos taking by them. I am traveling from Tampa in Carnival Legend!

Here's the link to our photos. We got married last year on the Pride (Legend's sister ship). We love our photos and are getting to hang our wedding canvas (the whale tail picture) in our newly remodeled bedroom--we seriously love it. I think there was a recent wedding on the Legend, but the search function isn't working for me. If you're nervous, I'd look around the Wedding/Honeymoon board for reviews and pictures. There are a lot of Carnival Cruise Line brides (noticeably more than other lines).

Edited by Carnival_Brides

We had zero intention of spending a penny on their overpriced shots on our 2009 Freedom wedding. The photographer looked to be all of 19 and we knew she wasn't possibly going to take anything worth the cost....

We ended up with 1500 in wedding pictures and the canvas is in our breakfast nook. They were AMAZING.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42138177

That should be the link to the thread mentioned earlier. The pictures are on her Facebook page but she has the link posted. I have heard that the prices that the give you ahead of time are not always valid. We are getting married on the Legend as well. My tactic is going to be the wait and see(and hope the prices go does) approach.

jusilva - M daughter was married on another cruiseline, loved their pictures as well but I wish I had made a list of all the combinations of pictures that were a must. We missed a couple of important ones (just the grandparents, etc.) in all the excitement.

My brother and sister in law were married on the Carnival Valor in 2006. From what I can recall the pictures were very expensive! You have to purchase every picture and are not allowed to pick and choose which picture you would like. I was the maid of honour and the photographer forgot to include me in the pictures and unfortunately I didnt get any pictures with my brother or new sister in law. I know my brother and sister in law are not as pleased with the photos or the price they paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You have to purchase every picture and are not allowed to pick and choose which picture you would like.

They will let you purchase them a'la carte now. We narrowed 300+ pictures down to 45.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42138177

That should be the link to the thread mentioned earlier. The pictures are on her Facebook page but she has the link posted. I have heard that the prices that the give you ahead of time are not always valid. We are getting married on the Legend as well. My tactic is going to be the wait and see(and hope the prices go does) approach.

Take the pricelist with you and they'll pretty much honor it. The photographers sometimes forget what the package prices are and will sometimes create a special package for you. If you have the list, you can check to make sure you're getting a deal.

The shots the Carnival photographer took of us were good. Be mindful that the cheaper of the CD packages is only the specific poses that you purchase (not ALL the photos from the photographer). We went into it thinking we could just get the CD of all the pictures he took for around $750 - and unfortunately, that was not the case. I think we bought something like 12 prints and paid roughly $500 for them.

I finally learned how to post pictures within these posts a few months back and posted pictures from the wedding at the end of my review below. Threads #49 and #62-65 are all taken by the ship's photographer (the rest were taken by one of my friends).

My advice is to make sure one of your guests has a nice camera and takes as many pictures as possible (in addition to using the ship's photographer and chosing the posed photos you like through them). One of my friends saved us with taking literally hundrends of great pictures of us during the wedding.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1412134

Heather your pictures are beautiful! I love the pictures outside of the ship! My wedding it will in the island. I am very curious to see some pictures from there too! Thank for sharing!

Heather your pictures are beautiful! I love the pictures outside of the ship! My wedding it will in the island. I am very curious to see some pictures from there too! Thank for sharing!

Thank you! Those photos outside by the railing are my favorite! We used those for picture thank you cards when sending out thank you's to all our guests and those who couldn't attend (but still sent us cards in the mail). I'm sure you'll have great photos on the island as well!

Another thought...I'm sure you could schedule another time onboard to get photos with your husband during the course of the week too (if you wanted additional photos onboard as well). On my last Carnival cruise, one of the girls in the photoshop was trying to sell me on the private one hour session of taking photos all over the ship - as tempting as it was, I knew my DH was never going to go for that! I'm lucky he posed for wedding photos! :D Normally they do not widely advertise these private photo sessions, but it's possible. There would have been no charge to do this either, you have the option afterwards to buy as little or much as you want. Something for you to think about.