How Early for self embarkation at Southampton

nelderwoman

Hi folks

We dock in Southampton at 7.00am. We are booked on an early flight out of Southampton airport to Belfast

How quickly could we be be off do you think with self embarkation

There are 2 other ships docking that morning, would that make a difference?

We always book a later flight and have ages to wait around but last time I saw crew getting off at around 7.30am

Thanks for replying

Yes, on average, the carry our own bags folks do get going around 730

P&o ships usually come along side in southampton about 6am. More or less.

I often watch the happenings from our cabin.

Thank you so much silver service, just what I wanted to hear would mean I would get home 7 hours earlier

I did self disembarkation last year as my train home was just before 9 am. I got off at 8 and got a taxi but could have got off as early as 7.30. At that time you'll have no problem getting a taxi to the airport.

Hi folks

We dock in Southampton at 7.00am. We are booked on an early flight out of Southampton airport to Belfast

How quickly could we be be off do you think with self embarkation

There are 2 other ships docking that morning, would that make a difference?

We always book a later flight and have ages to wait around but last time I saw crew getting off at around 7.30am

Thanks for replying

hi nelderwoman i work at the dock,s cruise parking ref early disembarking if air bridge go in first time you will be of by 7.15 am

.....if air bridge go in first time....

What could cause the air bridge to not go in first time? I think that was what happened on our 2011 return. I think it took about 45 minutes to get it attached that time.

hi tom because we have very high spring tides every other week and two tides a day it does cause problems occasionally . the problem,s start 17th may six ship,s in will run out of air bridge,s and revert back to old gangway,s INDEPENDENCE O T SEA 101BERTH AURORA 106 MAYFLOWER OPERA 104 BALMORAL AND BLACK WATCH 38/39 BERTH OCEANA 46 BERTH the town will be at a stand still

hi ccfc yes you are right it was chaos i my self got caught up twice taking passenger,s to the oriana for there cruise to the carribean. as for two ship,s in the aidasol was at city cruise term in the other dock,s it was only a port of call coach trip,s only straight out to m271 to london and stonehenge and passenger,s walking in to town.ithink road work,s and new link into dock,s will be sorted by end april

the idea is no more one way round the park,s strait through to dock gate 4 turn right in to dock,s right at round about. coming out new link road from coach bay,s and cps park so one in one out finger,s crossed end of april what cruiser are you on

Ahh no going around the park, that always did confuse me a bit. Going on the Emerald Princess on May 31st to the Canaries.

Right so its straight on then right into the dock then rather than coming back on yourself, hopefully they wont have traffic lights.

Thanks to CCFC who alerted me to the roadworks outside Dock Gate 4 - I wasn't aware of them. Anyway, I've been doing some digging and have found this webpage which outlines the work being done.

I have to say, I can see the point of it all. I remember the first time we departed from the Ocean Terminal - we had no idea where we were going, just grimly following signs to Dock Gate 4 (having come into Southampton from the M271). We were surprised when we swung left *away* from the docks; then right; then hard right; then found ourselves whizzing straight past the entrance to Dock Gate 4 because we hadn't realised that we had to get over to the left-hand side so quickly. Nightmare. And then trying to find somewhere to turn round, because of course we missed the right-turn back into the gyratory.....

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all be wonderful when it's finished.