What is this "Cabana" that I read About on Getaway?

gooselover

I've read about these but do not know what they are. Could someone explain to me what this is all about???? Thanks!

These are in the Vibe area on the boat which is a for pay adult only area. I believe the cost for vibe is $79 a person, or $199 to rent a cabana for two people for the week (someone correct my pricing if I am off).

The "cabana" is a circular Clamshell type seat with small doors that prevent people from blocking your view. You basically have a place to sit with a retractable roof that looks directly off the boat.

There are a limited number available (dont know how many) and you have to get to the boat early to get one.

Hope this helps.

6&8

There are 5 cabanas total each holding 2 guests~

Pricing is $299 for the full week with $100 in food & beverage credit

A full sea day is $20 daily access (per person, I'm guessing here) + $79 with $30 in F&B credit

A full port day is $20 daily access (per person, I'm guessing here) +$59 with $30 in F&B credit

If you just want to go to the Vibe and use a lounger the daily pass is $20 pp or weekly is $79 pp ~they sell out quickly and you get them at the Guest Services Desk~ so if you want one you have to be at the pier early and get to the GSD as soon as you board!

Edited by Alliezona09

Thanks for the answers, but I am failing to see why they are so popular?

Me too. It's really nothing special, IMO. Just a double lounger in a clam. Unless you want some privacy outside of your stateroom. I once was on a lounger behind one of these clams and noticed the occupants were not aware of the refections in the glass... Or maybe they were. This was my "Aha" moment.

Thanks for the answers, but I am failing to see why they are so popular?

It is all in one's personal choice. We just got off the Getaway last Saturday. We had read about having to rush to get the limited number of passes and did not want to have to do this. I was also not wild about paying the extra money. The Spice H2O area on Deck 16 aft is Adults Only during the day. We went there on the Sea Days and never had a problem getting deck loungers at around 10am. It did get crowded around 11am but it was always quiet and was truly Adults Only. There is a bar and 2 hot tubs. While there is no pool, there is a waterfall/misting area that was great for cooling off.

Again, it is all personal choice--but I think Spice H2O is a great alternative to Vibe (and is free).

From what I've heard it's a very quiet adults only area~ the lounge chairs have cushions there are umbrellas, the bar, some people like it for the quiet, others like it for the adult only aspect~ it all depends on what you want~ I'm thinking of just getting a day pass for 2 sea days~ one going and one coming~

I think they also hand out fruit kabobs and cold towels and fruit smoothies~but if I'm not mistaken they did that on the Spice H2O area also :confused: so it's really just another choice for you to make~