Vancouver Itinerary - Pls advise

Hi! We have 1.5days before our cruise & would like to see the highights. We are a group of 10 ranging from 7yrs to 70. Hiking and such is not our focus this time. We will have a car for 1 day & would like to use that to our advantage. We're staying at Plaza 500 Hotel (12th Ave over Cambie Bridge).

Here's my rough plan. I feel it's not efficient somehow. I'd appreciate any color (esp timewise). If needed, I will omit something to make the day less insane. Also, pls let me know if there are traffic considerations to be factored in when deciding what time of day to head out. Thanks for your help!

Friday

8.30 - 11.30am - Coffee at Granville Mkt (can't change 8.30 start time)

12pm - ?? - drive to Capilano Bridge & Grouse Mt. (allow how much time?)

??pm - ??pm - drive thru Stanley Park (allow 1.5hr)

before 9pm - return cars near Canada Place

8:30pm - Dinner on Denman Street (looking for recommendations)

---Would like to see Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Chinese Garden at some point

Saturday

morning - Walk through Gastown (allow 1hr)

12pm?? - board ship

I would spend some time on Grouse and maybe have dinner up there.

Capilano will not take very long unless your group likes to walk.There is also something called Treetops that you should see there.

Dinner on Denman-try Cafe De Paris for wonderful French Bistro food.

You could do Stanley Park the next morning-check in and leave your bags at the dock and Take off for a little excursion-they have horse drawn carriages.

Thanks, Grouchy - couple more things:

1. when you say check-in & leave bags at docks, what does that mean exactly? do you know what time the check-in place opens? and i'm still unsure what time we should be there to do the whole customs/immigration thing....

2. how long will it take for all of this: drive to capilano (from granville mkt), capilano treetop walk, drive to grouse mountain (from capilano) & spending time at grouse mt ?

3. i think we're looking at dinner on Denman to make it easy for my sister to meet us & she's coming from the airport. is there good chinese there?

Thanks again!

i think we're looking at dinner on Denman to make it easy for my sister to meet us & she's coming from the airport. is there good chinese there?

I'm not sure Denman Street is quite what you're looking for. It's going to be difficult to park, it's very crowded and not really the place for Chinese food.

I would suggest you try Sun Sui Wah on Main Street.

http://www.sunsuiwah.com/

There will be lots of street parking and it's probably closer to authentic Chinese. Of course, strolling/people watching/window shopping will be great on Denman St if that's a consideration.

Good luck!

Archived