pays to call a PVP

Lisa S.

I called Carnival to see what I paid per person for my cabin so I culd check for a price drops... Well the very nice PVP that answered that phone last night at 11:15pm advised me that the PVP I use all the time failed to give me my free 2 catigory upgrade when he priced my cruise. He dropped the price of my cabin by $130.00 per person. That was by far ther best 5 min phone call I have made all week.

Lisa

95 more days till the Victory

Lisa I would love to know what PVP you spoke to as I have not been able to speak to ours since she took my reservation and deposit about 3 months ago. Everytime I call she is off or out I get military discount and we did not get that much, no upgrades, only about 30.00 off. We sail on Truimph 10 Dec 2005. Congrats on your phone call!!

memabumpee@yahoo.com

Mema: I sent you an email. I'm not the original poster of this thread, but I had a wonderful experience with my PVP. And, after all was said and done with booking my cruise, he's still available for questions!

Can you change PVP's? I mean, if I just call and talk to someone else will that work?

I'm not sure. When I signed up at carnival.com I started getting emails from a PVP (mass market emails) but when I called the phone number for the PVP it was him that answered. I never switched, since he was so great to work with. But, I don't think anyone would be able to argue with the fact that you want some one more attentive to your needs if your PVP was kind of flakey. After all, it's in their best interest to let you switch PVP's in order for you to be a happy customer.

Kaylee

Hi,

We are booked on the Miracle 2/12/2006 and we used a Carnival PVP. He gave us our miltary discount of $250.00 per person! We saved $500.00 ! Woo-woo!!!!

I would call Carnival and ask about your discount. Maybe different sailing dates/ships have different discounts?

Hope you get a better rate.

We asked about upgrading but since we actually told him which cabin we wanted we were not able to upgrade, or if we did, the next cabin was not eligible for the military discount.

Hope this helps and gives you the incentive to call Carnival again.

I've used Carnival's PVPs for the past three cruises. Our first one may have broken a few rules to get us good deals...which may be why he is no longer there...or may not. (We didn't know he was breaking rules until the change in PVPs.) Our current PVP is good, too. He has made us aware that special rates....like those who are in the travel industry....only have a certain number of cabins per ship alloted to them. This may also apply to military discounts?

It also seems to make a difference - when you go and what ship you want to be on.

I do know my PVP makes me feel like he knows me personally...I don't know if he really remembers me that well or not. I do email him with questions fairly frequently and he is always quick to answer...so perhaps his memory is better than mine (which come to think of it wouldn't take much!)

Are any of you still looking for a PVP? I can email you the name and number of the one I use. She has always been quick with any questions I have had. Like the last reply, she always seems like she remembers me when I talk to her.

We also got the military discount on our cruise. We booked an inside cabin and got a $300 discount. During July when they had a friends and family military discount going on I called my PVP and she took $220 each off of two of my sons cabins. I have called her many times with other questions and she is always very knowledgeable with the answers.

Please let me know if you are still looking for a good PVP. I don't want to bombard you with another one if you have already found one.

Are any of you still looking for a PVP? I can email you the name and number of the one I use. She has always been quick with any questions I have had. Like the last reply, she always seems like she remembers me when I talk to her.

Yes, Please! I am ready to book, and I would love the name of your PVP. Please email me at eldergang97630@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!

:o Sorry, folks, but no matter how great your PVP is (mine is awesome!), this is part of the rules of Cruise Critic:

Additionally, posts by members requesting such information will be removed., so please don't ask .

Archived