Should we splurge on an ocean suite?

cruisinqt

We are currently booked on the Freedom this August in a balcony cabin on Empress deck 7. There's a sale going and I can get us into an ocean suite on the same deck for $342 more. This is an 8 day cruise and includes 4 of us in the cabin. Is this a good deal?

We are currently booked on the Freedom this August in a balcony cabin on Empress deck 7. There's a sale going and I can get us into an ocean suite on the same deck for $342 more. This is an 8 day cruise and includes 4 of us in the cabin. Is this a good deal?

$342 total for 4 people? Or $342 per person? If the former, yes, that's a good deal; if the latter, I would say it's not. Our family of four really enjoyed the difference between a balcony and an OS (on Pride). So much more room to get around each other.:)

It's $342 total, not per person. I was thinking about paying the difference without anyone's knowledge and surprising my family. It's on the same deck. I have one of those pre loadable credit cards that you can get at walmart. It already has $250 on it from a rather lucky trip to Las Vegas. :D

I would go for it. On our last cruise, we were offered an upgrade to go from balcony to ocean suite for 500. That was best they could do. So I think this is a good deal. Plus four people will be more comfortable in an OS. But, keep in mind that an OS is not a huge difference in space 185 to 275 sq ft. Not huge increase but with four people will be good considering 8-day cruise.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll call my travel agent tomorrow morning and see what he can do for me. I'm so excited. Btw, I researched it and it looks like the kids would get to share a 2 person sofa bed. Has anyone tried it? Is it comfortable?

We stayed with 4 ppl in a suite last year on the dream and it wa soooo worth it for the extra space. It has a dressing area seperate from the Bathroom. That came in handy as one could change in the bathroom and one in the dressing room.

We loved loved the priority boarding and other perks of the suite!!!!

As far as the sofa bed being comfortable, our girls who are teenagers didn't complain..

Go for it!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

yes yes yes!!! we had an ocean suite on our last cruise and loooveed it. im not sure how we're going to be able to go back to a normal balcony after that lol :D I have pictures if youd like to see them! (it was on the victory but an ocean suite should be the same-ish from ship to ship)

Edited by littlered87

yes yes yes!!! we had an ocean suite on our last cruise and loooveed it. im not sure how we're going to be able to go back to a normal balcony after that lol :D I have pictures if youd like to see them! (it was on the victory but an ocean suite should be the same-ish from ship to ship)

Could you please post your pictures of the OS from the Victory. I know every keeps saying they all look the same, but I would love to see pictures of the suite. I can't wait because this is will be are first suite ever!

To the OP, That is a great deal go for it and enjoy!

We are on this same cruise with you ..:D

Well I talked to my travel agent. The great deal we were looking at was a kids fly free sale so he would lose his commissions on both of our kids. With such a big loss in commissions he couldn't allow us to keep our prepaid gratuities and $200 on board credit. So it would cost us $342 plus the gratuities for 4 people and the $200 on board credit. That's just too much. :( I guess we aren't doing it. So bummed. :(

mz Miami, we are going have a blast on this cruise. Join our roll call.

Well I talked to my travel agent. The great deal we were looking at was a kids fly free sale so he would lose his commissions on both of our kids. With such a big loss in commissions he couldn't allow us to keep our prepaid gratuities and $200 on board credit. So it would cost us $342 plus the gratuities for 4 people and the $200 on board credit. That's just too much. :( I guess we aren't doing it. So bummed. :(

mz Miami, we are going have a blast on this cruise. Join our roll call.

Maybe next time you book I wouldn't use the travel agent!

Well if I booked through Carnival it would have costed me the same as what my travel agent charged except I wouldn't get the extras. That's why I chose the travel agent. He charged the same as Carnival did but threw in prepaid gratuities for 4 people on an 8 day cruise plus $200 OBC. That's a total of $568 in freebies. :D But he says if it's a normal sale that doesn't cut his commissions like the kids sail free promo then he will be glad to let us keep our extras and honor the sale. So I'll keep an eye on things and hope for the best.