Question re golf , transportationand tender in Cannes

Crazy planning mom

We are taking the epic out of citavecchia. My husband loves to golf. I was thinking of having him play golf in Cannes. However, i have been reading it is a tender port and therefore it takes longer to get one and off the ship. Would he have time to golf in Cannes? Should i prearrange transportation to and from the port? Any companies you recommend?

We are taking the epic out of citavecchia. My husband loves to golf. I was thinking of having him play golf in Cannes. However, i have been reading it is a tender port and therefore it takes longer to get one and off the ship. Would he have time to golf in Cannes? Should i prearrange transportation to and from the port? Any companies you recommend?

You are well informed. But the answer to your question really depends on how long your ship is in port. You will need to be back at the tender pier at least 30 min before you scheduled departure time. As to how long it takes to get ashore, this really varies by ship and can also be affected by sea and wind conditions. You also need to consider how long it will take to get from the tender pier (located in the old port area) to whatever gold course you would choose. And as is typical of Europe, it would be advised to reserve a Tee time well in advance. Another consideration are his golf clubs. If he drags them along on the trip he will need to get them on and off a crowded tender which is a mild pain in the behind.

Hank