Peel Talent

Peel have just uploaded this which gives a good idea of some of the hard work they do behind the shows:

Thanks for that, Joe. This is the show we missed on the overnight in Havana because we were off the ship. The clip gives a good insight into everything that goes into making a production show.

I've never doubted the hard work whihc goes into rehearsing the shows - or staging them on board. The showteams certainly work hard. Like Little Nell though we also missed this one because we went on a trip in Havana - at least I've had a glimpse of what we missed now! Looks as though it might have been a good one!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by kruzseeka

Peel have just uploaded this which gives a good idea of some of the hard work they do behind the shows:

Oh, Fantastic! Brings back memories of my time on the Dream in the Caribbean! :). Thank you for the link, Joe.

I've never doubted the hard work whihc goes into rehearsing the shows - or staging them on board. The showteams certainly work hard. Like Little Nell though we also missed this one because we went on a trip in Havana - at least I've had a glimpse of what we missed now! Looks as though it might have been a good one!!! :rolleyes:

It was a very good one, Kruzseeka. I am surprised too that it was not repeated on the TA.

It was a very good one, Kruzseeka. I am surprised too that it was not repeated on the TA.

I think it wasn't thought through properly at all. Of all the itineraries in the Caribbean this was the only one which went to Cuba - wouldn't you have thought it was the most relevant show to this particular itinerary? So why not show it the night before we arrived or on the evening of our second day in Havana after we set sail? But the actual night we were in Havana? What a dreadful scheduling decision. Defies logic and lack of forward planning imo.

500 people were on Thomson trips that evening (so they knew a third of the ship was ashore plus those going off independently to sample Havana by night) . It was only performed once - not enough people on board to justify two houses. Given they had a limited number of shows (understandably - can't expect extra shows to span three weeks) it beggars belief that one should shown on that night. Why not a comedian who would do another late show so people got a second chance to see them? Or a deck fest that night instead of a show? Very disappointing!